Chapter Thirty Seven

It was impossible to make it seem like I wasn't interested in her

It was like trying to act as if sex didn't feel good.

After probably one of the best days I've had in a long fucking time, the night ended even better with Grace falling asleep on me. She was so tired from the beach and I watched as she practically couldn't keep her eyes open anymore.

My skin burned where her head was rested, it felt so incredible to have her nuzzle into me like she once did. My first instinct was to put my arm around her and soothe her, I used to do it for hours every night when we went to sleep.

It was her favourite.

As happy as I was with the whole situation, I also wanted to knock some sense into myself over the fact that I keep fucking this up.

I can't give in and let her want me, I'm going to end up giving in and letting her have me if I don't keep her away.

No matter what I do, no matter how mean I am, she always keeps coming back.

It made me think of before we ever got together. How persistent and determined she was. She would follow me everywhere, beg to stay around me and do whatever I'm doing, I knew how hard she was trying to get my attention. It was like a movie the way she was in love with me, it made me feel a whole lot more important than I actually was.

Somehow, even after forgetting me and everything we had, she still clings on to me like she used to.

Maybe our souls were drawn to each other, no matter the circumstances.

I wish this wasn't so hard, that I didn't have to work my hardest to make sure she doesn't mess up again and ruin her life.

I wanted her to just stay on track and live the way she should've.

Going through this all was like trying to hold a car over my head, unfortunately my fucking arms keep breaking and it falls and crushes me.