Chapter Twenty Seven

Music blared through the giant speakers of the football field

Niko and I were headed up the bleachers to watch James and Ryer at football practice.

Little did I know the cheerleaders were going to be practicing too, and apparently Grace was one of them.

Again.

There they all were as we sat down, there she was.
On the half of the field closer to the bleachers, all dancing as Lidia leads them. I wasn't surprised Grace was in the front row, she was the best cheerleader at our school before Brighton. She somehow maintained her cheerleading career through all the shit we dealt with when we were together.

I watched her as we sat on the highest seats on the bleachers, away from everyone, but still a good view.

My eyes followed her as she danced to the music, hitting every beat, better than Lidia too.

If anything Grace should have been leading that dance.

"I take it you're enjoying the show." Niko nudges me playfully.

Not as much as I wish I could.

"It's not like that man, I can't be lusting over her. It hurts too much, I can't have her." I say as I stare off at her.

"Why don't you just tell her everything? You can pick up where you left off." He shrugs. "Maybe her memory wont be back but she said she fell in love with you, maybe if you told her it could work out."

He may not be as dumb as Ryer and James, but he was not far off.

"Yeah Niko, cause that would go over really great." I roll my eyes and groan.

"So you're really just gonna have her hate you for the rest of this year, then never see her again after this?" He asks. "Just going to let it end like that?"