Chapter Thirteen

( What Grace's voice would sound like, Media Above)

I strummed my guitar as tears trickled down my cheeks

I stare down at the movement of my fingers as I let the song flow its way out of my lips through singing.

The past two weeks have completely brought me down, I could barely focus in school, I couldn't  sleep, can't eat.

The only thing I've been able to do is pick up my guitar and sing. Everyday while Niko is at soccer I sing my sorrows away, I let my sadness sink into my fingertips as I strum the strings of the guitar my papa bought me three years ago.

The first time I ever sang in front of him he cried.

He told me if I promised to never stop singing he would get me something special. I told him I'd never stop singing with something special or not.

Singing was a remedy for me.

Within the next couple weeks of that, it was my birthday, and my papa bought me this guitar for it. It was my turn to cry when I unwrapped the beautiful guitar. It was everything I wanted, I had always dreamt of getting a guitar one day and he bought the most amazing one.

I haven't stopped playing it since the day I got it, besides the parts I can't remember, there hasn't been a time where I haven't played my guitar longer than three weeks.

I remember coming home from school every day at the start of high school and going to my room to write and plays songs.

After I was done I'd always give my papa a little concert when he got home from work. Even when he finally retired, I'd still play for him some days before we went to bed.

After everything that happened when he came to visit me at school, I've went to the hospital every night to sing for him. There wasn't a night I didn't go sing to him, that is until he finally went home.

Now the next time I'll be seeing him is his next visitation, which I was positive wasn't coming very soon.

He was asleep most of the time when I went to see him in the hospital, but I'd still play and sing gently as he slept, I seen a smile form on his lips as I sang some nights.