Chapter Twenty Six

I breathe out and close my eyes

I couldn't believe I was doing this right now, fucking crying in front of my best friend.

Guys don't do that, we don't sit together and vent about our problems and heartbreak, we don't do face masks and talk about other people, and we definitely do not drop to our knees and sob.

At this point, I guess it really didn't matter in my mind who was around because it had to happen.

Grace's words pierced through my heart like a blade.

Well actually, Jame's words of 'Niko slept with Larsen' cut pretty fucking deep, but her yelling at me after, yelling at me for it ripping me apart? Now that was what heartbreak really felt like.

I didn't even think I was awake anymore when I heard that, I figured it was a nightmare, a shitty day dream. I didn't think treating her like shit was going to drive her into someone else's arms, I just wanted to keep her away from mine.

It sickened the fuck out of me thinking about Niko touching her the way I used to, thinking of her moaning his name—him between her legs and not me—him inside of her and not me.

My blood boiled within seconds and all I wanted to do was kill him. It's fucked up because I know it's neither of their faults, it's always mine. I've never been honest with Niko or anyone about Grace except for Dominic and Luke.

He had every right to do what he wanted.

But after what happened with him and Grace, I felt like I owed myself and him some sanity, I needed to tell him the truth. The truth of why I've been so off with Grace, why I've practically been trying to make her hate me.

Funny enough it didn't even work.

Of course I had to get all fucked up and forget the entire system I had going on, and fuck did she ever want me too.