Chapter Thirty Three

I would have never expected it

And how could I? There was no specific look to a girl who was into girls, it was just how a person was, not a physical thing.

The fact that her and Niko were all in love—on and off, gave everyone an even littler reason to suspect anything.

It came as such a surprise and I was truly shocked, I really couldn't imagine how Niko was feeling.

Upsetti spaghetti I'm sure.

The love of his life, that he was so scared of losing even when she was already gone and ignoring him. He still had hope they'd be okay again.

I could see the pain in his eyes the next morning after everything happened with us. I felt horrible that he felt that way, it was my fault just as much as his.

We had a really good talk last night though, Vincent got called down to the main office almost right after the news, probably to talk about him leaving the school for the break.

We all had to do interviews for it.

Me and Niko were alone in the dorm for the rest of the night.

We  ended up sitting in his bed and talking for probably like four hours.

He vented everything he was feeling, all the anger and neglection, the abandonment, all of it, he came to the conclusion he really just wanted her to be herself and happy.

I watched a fair amount of tears fall from his eyes last night, but I tried my best to get a smile right after them.

When he felt better, which was surprisingly quick- he let me vent to him about all my struggles and what I was feeling. I felt angry with how much I've lost, I missed my grandpa and I was sad I couldn't see him for the winter break.