Chapter Twelve

~love like drugs~

Love Like Drugs - Shawn Harris ( Media Above )

Yesterday was a nightmare come to life.

The day even started off good too, for the first time in a long time.

I shook off what happened with Grace and Logan, I smoked a blunt and I felt great. I woke up feeling even greater since I slept for the first time in forever.

Classes were the same bullshit but I just blasted music the whole day anyways, so I tuned it out.

I only saw Grace in human anatomy first period. The rest of the day I didn't see her though, that is until I finished the class assignment and went to give it to her.

Niko mentioned today she got her first visitation, so she'd be in the visitation room third period.

With that information that's exactly where I headed after lunch was over. I wondered who she had visiting her.

I hoped she was happy to see them, she deserves all the happiness in the world.

As I walked towards the room I passed the window and walked my way through the door, I looked up and scanned the room for Grace.

I spotted the back of her head, then suddenly my gaze found the person I completely forgot about, the only logical person who would be visiting her, who I stupidly didn't think was going to be here.

Her grandpa.

His eyes locked with mine and he looked like he had seen a ghost, I knew he was going to be anything but happy when he saw me.

He hates me, he blames me, he wants me dead most likely.

I made a promise to him I'd stay away from her so she could be safe, start over with a better ending.