Chapter Thirty Four

We've been driving for around thirty minutes now, Rory was following Niko and Niko was trailing behind us

Everything worked out according to plan.

The car ride with Vincent so far has been pretty silent. The last thing he said to me was 'did you see that dead racoon?', I didn't see it and I didn't answer the unpleasing question either.

Since then, it's been silence and the subtle sound of the radio.

I was surprised at the events thus far, the fact I was actually in a car with him and no one was ripping off anyone's head.

We've been getting along great ever since we got locked in his building. I was starting to believe Vincent really turned a new leaf, he was acting different with me, less vile and angry, more sarcastic and fun.

I liked this side of him but I still knew how capable he was of being a dick.

Man he gets the best of me.

"Sooo, how far is this place exactly?" I break the silence bravely and ask him.

"We'll be there in an hour and a half roughly, depends on how traffic is when we get on the highway." He adjusts his grip on the wheel and smirks. "Why? Are you miserable being in a car with me?" He scoffs jokingly.

"Very funny, I'm just excited to see this cabin of yours." I tuck a strand of hair behind my ears. "I take it you come from a pretty wealthy family if you have a cabin that isn't your house."

He laughs a bit before he responds. "Yeah my family has a lot of money, that cabin used to be mine from my parents. When they decided they didn't want me or want to care about me anymore, they gave it to my brother. Little do they know he doesn't give a shit about it and gave me my key."

I guess he was cut out like Niko was when he got sent to this school.

I've never had the luxury of a lot of money, but I could imagine that having it and losing it is pretty hard to deal with. I had no idea he had been going through that just as Niko was.