Chapter Two

"The choice is yours miss Larsen, we're happy to have you here at Brighton Academy

"The choice is yours miss Larsen, we're happy to have you here at Brighton Academy." The headmaster said with an uncomfortably large grin.

I looked between him and my grandpa a few times with a bland expression, before swallowing what felt like a tennis ball and thinking of my answer.

I was either able to get settled in my dorm right now and sleep here tonight for school in the morning, or come in the morning and get settled after the first day.

I wanted to do both but obviously that wasn't an option.

One part of me wanted one last night with my grandpa before I come and live here for the year while I'm going to school.

The other part of me just wanted to get the show on the damn road, it would also show my grandpa that I'll be fine this year if I decide to stay tonight.

I was doing this for him after all.

I must admit, the school was beautiful. It was almost like its own little kingdom it was so big.

It was elegant, organized, clean.

I pictured graffiti on the walls, garbage on the ground and dead grass when I was told about Brighton. It really was a high end boarding school; but for burnouts and serial killers I guess.

Maybe no serial killers, but like, who knows right?

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to get settled in tonight and get used to the place, and it would make for a better prepared school day tomorrow." I shrug as I give my answer. I turn to my grandpa beaming with a smile, the same went for the headmaster.

"That's wonderful Grace, I will grab your dorm keys for you right now. You will be in dormitory B, and you're room number is 118b. Hopefully you and your roommate will become well acquainted and get along fine." He gives a small smile before handing me the keys he pulled out of the drawer. I take them in my hand and give him a questioning look as I pause.

"Im sorry, did you just say roommate?" I ask with a scoff of disbelief in glare at him in question.

There was no way in hell I had to live with someone else this whole year on top of being here in the first place.