Chapter Forty Three

"Oh right, so the name of the song I'll be singing is Better off by Ariana Grande

"Oh right, so the name of the song I'll be singing is Better off by Ariana Grande. So here I go I guess." Grace shrugs as she stands in the spotlight.

Waiting for the music to play.

Better Off - Ariana Grande ( Media Above )

I watch as Grace nervously— and drunkly, prepares herself to sing.

I knew even if she was piss drunk, she'd still have the same angelic voice.

I wondered though, who exactly was the song meant for? She said they'd know when they heard it, so what the hell was I about to hear then?

Is it for me?

"You keep me in your orbit, well I know I'm a hard one to please, give it too much importance, my love will have you fall to your knees—" She begins to sing amazingly into the microphone.

Grace has always had a powerful singing voice. It was my favourite, just listening to her singing and playing her guitar.

She always used to write her own music, I made sure I was her biggest fan all the time.

It wasn't hard considering she was crazy fucking talented.

"Steering clear of any headaches to start, and if we're being honest, I'd rather your body than half of your heart—" I hear so clearly, it brings chills as I hear her voice.

That had to be about me.

How couldn't it be? I've never given her my one hundred percent. I've been a dick and she just wants me to be the way I've been during our vacation.

The real me more or less.

Even though I have become bitter since I lost her. With her, I was the happiest and most alive I've ever been.

"I'm better off without him, I'm better off being a wild one—" She softly sings, I swear she made eye contact with me as she sang before she closed her eyes and held the notes— held them perfectly might I add.

If this wasn't a clear sign then I don't know what is.

She's clearly singing this to make it clear that she's over it.

She's over me.

Luke really did it this time, he struck the last straw with me and Grace and now everything is shattered. She doesn't want a friendship anymore let alone a relationship or flirting.