Chapter Fifty

Heaven, was a place on earth

A place on earth with a girl named Grace Andrew Larsen.

I thought the day I lost her, and ones that followed were the days I've cried the most in my entire life.

Endless pain, endless heartbreak.

But this day, the day I never ever thought would truly become a reality even though I prayed for it, this is now the day I've cried the most in my life.

Hearing Vinny, hearing her say I love you.

Fuck.

I will never have the words for that moment. The moment I realized that the girl I've been broken over for almost a year, remembers me, remembers she loved me and I loved her.

It was the impossible and it happened. I didn't even know how it happened or if she was okay, or what happened to her, god I didn't even know how she was feeling.

All I knew is I heard the words Vinny, and I love you and I remember.

Thats all it took for me to crumble.

This was easily the best day of my entire existence, besides the day I met this amazing girl for the very first time.

We laid in the hospital bed, Grace was facing the window as she laid down and I spooned her, completely caressing her with my body and arms. I ran my fingers across her bare arms as we were there together.

I never wanted to leave this moment.

Ever.

"This still feels like a dream." I say into her ear as I tuck a strand of hair behind it.