UwU Hc But Fucked Up Oneshit

"I dare you to write a story taking place at 3am."

Ni-No-Sakura-Senbu's hc where Lancer's family is from Germany and Lance is just v uwu soft man and has vvv thick German accent and can't speak a ton of English so Edge is teaching him uwuwuwuwu

also italics is Lancer's family speaking German cuz idfk any German oops

Lance wakes up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. Checking his phone, he finds it to be approximately three o'clock in the morning.

He sits up in bed, shivering. Something doesn't seem right, though he can't put his finger on it. He climbs carefully out of bed, creeping out the door and down the stairs.

He goes into the kitchen to get a glass of water, hoping it will help him fall back asleep.

As he passes the front door, he swears he can hear something, like a soft whining, in the otherwise silent night.

Peering through the peephole, he sees something curled up against the door. Quietly and carefully, he inches the front door open to find...

Edge?

The ginger is shivering violently, tears streaming down his face mixed with blood. His face is bruised and his left eye is half swollen shut. Blood dribbles from various cuts, as well as from his nose and the corners of his mouth.

He's wearing nothing but a jacket Lance had left behind at his house once. There are obviously fresh gashes and bruises on his body, and he's in great pain.

Lance gasps in horror, quickly helping Edge up to his feet. The ginger falls into his arms weeping, and Lancer hugs him tightly.

"I-I'm scared," Edge whispers. "Make him go away! T-tell him not to hurt me. I'm so scared!"

Lancer's features settle in fury, but he speaks gently to the sobbing ginger. "Who scare you? He do this to you?"

Edge cries harder and nods, choking out, "P-Papa hurt me. He likes to hurt me. Papa... Papa doesn't like me!"

Lancer understands English much better than he can speak it, and is aware that Edge is likely delirious from pain, making him sound rather childish. He picks up the smaller boy and carries him into the house, heading straight to the bathroom.

He gently places Edge into the tub, filling it with hot water. Edge cries out as the water laps at his wounds, and Lance feels awful but knows the boy needs medical attention.

As gently as he can, he cleans out the horrifying wounds, flinching with every yelp the boy makes. He apologizes continuously, slipping between German and English.

He prays that his younger brother Hansel will not wake and have to see such an awful sight.

The door opens suddenly, and his mother is there. "What are you doing? It's-"

She stops dead in the middle of her sentence.

"Oh dear lord have mercy on this child."

She rushes over to the boy writhing in agony, kneeling by the tub and taking his hand, squeezing it between her own.

"Edge dear, what happen?" she asks breathlessly in her somewhat broken English. Like her son, she understands far more than she can speak.

Lancer pauses his cleansing of Edge's wounds, allowing him to explain.

"Papa..." Edge whispers, eyes wide as he relives the torment. "...hurts..."

"Mother, he needs help! He was at the door for who knows how long, cold and bleeding," Lance informs her urgently.

The woman nods sharply. She immediately calls an ambulance before stroking Edge's hand and muttering quietly in German.

Edge is on the verge of passing out, and Lance hides his concern by soothingly running his hands through Edge's hair.

None of them speak or move for a few minutes.

Suddenly Edge grabs Lancer's hand and just clings onto it, not saying anything and not letting go.

When the ambulance arrives, Edge still refuses to let go of Lancer's hand, mumbling incoherently when the medical personnel asked for an explanation.

In the end, they let Lance stay.

*****

Edge is out of the hospital after about a week, but is understandably terrified to go home. He knows his father is being investigated, but it's still not safe for him to go home, especially with his father being furious.

Lance holds him tightly as he despairs, promising to protect him.

Protect him he does.