Klavier

"My life is a horror movie and I am the villain."

Sie sagen zu mir

Schließ auf diese Tür

Die Neugier wird zum Schrei

Was wohl dahinter sei

Lancer trembles before the basement door, locked securely. He can feel the gun aimed at him, in possession of a police officer. He can feel the fury of his parents as all these people scream at him to open the door, open the door, just open the goddamn door.

Hinter dieser Tür

Steht ein Klavier

Die Tasten sind staubig

Die Saiten sind verstimmt

He knows that all that's behind there is an old piano. Once a beauty, made of dark, glossy wood, but now covered in dust. Strings are out of tune, keys are discolored, but that's not why he fears to go in there.

Hinter dieser Tür

sitzt sie am Klavier

Doch sie spielt nicht mehr

Ach das ist so lang her

A gorgeous ginger sits at the piano, but it's been a long time since the piano's been played. When did it stop? It was so beautiful...

Dort am Klavier

Lauschte ich ihr

Und wenn ihr Spiel begann

Hielt ich den Atem an

Edge used to play so beautifully. Talented, nimble fingers dancing across the keys, it would take Lancer's breath away.

Sie sagte zu mir

Ich bleib immer bei dir

Doch es hatte nur den Schein

Sie spielt für mich allein

Edge promised he'd never leave Lance for someone else. He played so damn beautifully, giving countless private performances to the man who loves him so hard.

Ich goss ihr Blut

Ins Feuer meiner Wut

Ich verschloss die Tür

Mam fragte nach ihr

Lance vividly remembers it. He wants Edge all to himself, for all of eternity so that the boy's heart belongs to him.

That was why he locked the door.

Dort am Klavier

Lauschte ich ihr

Lind wenn ihr Spiel begann

Hielt ich den Atem an

Edge's piano playing was the most beautiful sound in the world, only second to the way he moaned when Lance touched and kissed and fucked him. Lance had countless memories of standing by the piano, klavier. He would watch fondly as the love of his life filled the room with music, such talent and hard work paying off in the intoxicatingly sweet sounds.

Dort am Klavier

Stand ich bei ihr

Es hatte den Schein

Sie spielt für mich allein

The more time he spent listening to Edge play, the more time he needed that boy all to himself.

Geöffnet ist die Tür

Ei wie sie schreien

Ich hore die Mutter flehen

Der Vater schlägt auf mich ein

The door is open now.

Lancer's head spins, and he vaguely hears them screaming, his mother begging. He barely registers the pain as he's thrown to the ground. His sweet father stands above him, furious beyond all hell, spitting venomously in German, "You're not my son."

He lies motionless, hollow, on the floor while his father beats him for his sins.

It hurts.

He idly wonders if this is how Edge took abuse from his parents. The ginger had it worse though, because he'd never done anything wrong, bless his beautiful soul.

Lancer smiled a bloody smile, tears smearing the blood on his face.

Man löst sie vom Klavier

Und niemand glaubt mir hier

Das ich todkrank

Von Kummer und Gestank

Lancer cries for Edge.

The lifeless body had been bound securely to the piano. Now, they move him out, and the blond weeps big, heavy tears. He mumbles Edge's name over and over again, begging to see his love.

The once pearly white piano keys are stained with blood.

Dort am Klavier

Lauschte ich ihr

Lind wenn ihr Spiel begann

Hielt ich den Atem an

Lancer had told Edge on countless occasions that he took his breath away. He loved the boy so hard that if he wished hard enough, he might be able to just die and be reunited with his love, even if Edge hated him.

Edge understood a fair amount of German, and always understood when the blond softly whispered to him, "You take my breath away."

Dort am Klavier

Lauschte sie mir

Und als mein Spiel begann

Hielt sie den Atem an

Now, Lancer understands that he took Edge's breath away.

Hielt ich den Atem an

Lance wakes up screaming, in his own bed, a warm body in his arms.

"Lance? What's wrong?" asks the panicked Edge, shooting upright and squeezing Lancer's hand.

Lancer stares wide-eyed at Edge, noting every inch of his face and loving him infinitely as silent tears slip down his cheeks.

He hugs Edge tightly with no words.

"Lance, what happened?"

"A dream..." the blond whispers. "I dreamed that I..." he shakes his head. "I'm a monster. Edge, I'm awful! I can't believe I..."

"You what?"

Lancer sighs. "I dreamed that I... kidnapped you. Tied you to the piano. You... you died because of me. Oh Edge, I'm so selfish." He smiles tearfully, hugging Edge tighter. "I'm so damn selfish."

"You're not selfish, Lance," Edge states firmly. "I know you wouldn't do anything like that. I'll never leave you. He squeezes Lancer's hand. "I love you!"

Lancer rubs Edge's bare back as he holds him, kissing the top of his head and burying his face in the silky ginger locks.

"Hielt ich den Atem an."