You Know Exactly Where You're Going

"You've been waiting for an hour. She's never late. Something is wrong."

I'm really shitty at endings still oopsies

It was the night Edge and Lance planned to tell their parents that they were getting married.

Edge was a bit nervous to tell his father, but since he'd moved out, he hoped the man might've changed.

Lance's family arrived on time and greeted both boys fondly with big bear hugs. Edge loved Lance's family. They were so sweet and welcoming and being with them made anywhere feel like home. They all chattered for a while, talking about everything under the son.

Once half an hour had passed, Edge was getting worried that his family wasn't there. Soon after, Holiday arrived with Fairy, and he greeted them happily, but where were their parents?

It made him smile to see Fairy slowly approach Lance, looking sheepish. "I owe you a huge apology. You never did anything to Edge. You always just loved him so much... But Papa..." she started to cry.

Surprised, Lance slowly hugged her, and she hugged back tightly.

"Fairy, what's wrong?" Edge asked in concern, hugging her from behind.

She continued to sob helplessly until the couple set her down on the couch. Irmalinda got her some water and she drained the glass, starting to calm down.

"I understand now..." she whispered, "what Papa did to you..."

Edge frowned. "What do you mean?"

"H-he hurt you... He didn't love you... I was so ignorant and I couldn't tell... I could've done something!"

Edge hugged her. "It's not your fault. Don't ever blame yourself for what he did to me."

"But-"

"Never."

She nodded and returned his embrace.

"Fairy?"

"Y-yeah?"

"You're pregnant, aren't you?"

The girl broke down again, and everyone present crowded around her to hug her and give her strength.

"I had a boyfriend, but he didn't love me. I couldn't understand why Edge and Lance loved sex so much, I couldn't stand it. Then again, comparing their sex to mine, they may have been rough, but they love each other so much and that's why they love it. It's a physical way to express how much they love each other."

"Love and sex aren't the same thing, it just happened to be with him and I," Edge pointed out. Fairy smiled and squeezed his hand, continuing.

"When he made love to me, it hurt so much. When I told him I was pregnant, he didn't take it well. He left. I knew a lot of his friends hit their wives, but I ignored it. Just like I ignored..." she threw a pained, meaningful glance towards Edge. "Holi took me in. I have to be stable on my own, but no one will hire a pregnant woman. I can't accept his kindness..."

"But you have to," Holi insisted. "I don't want your child to grow up with a single mother. I may not be a father figure, but I will support the child as an uncle."

Fairy hugged him, thanking him profusely.

While the rest of the family began to cheer her up, Edge pulled Lance aside.

"It's been an hour," he said, clearly worried.

"I know," Lance replied. "Maybe you should call them?"

Edge nodded, then proceeded to call his mother three times, none of which she picked up. The poor ginger looked more and more distraught.

"Lance... She's never late! Never! Something's wrong..." he sobbed, allowing his fiancé to hold him tightly. "Mama... Where's Mama...?"

Lance kissed the top of his head, rubbing his back. The couple in the corner caught Irmalinda's attention, and she went over to them. "What happened?"

"Mama..." Edge whimpered, hugging Lance tighter, tears slipping quickly down his cheeks.

Lance quietly explained in German the situation, and Irmalinda nodded. "I will find her," she promised. Before Lance could say anything, she'd already walked out.

About ten minutes later, she returned.

"Edge, I believe you have a visitor."

Janna smiled.

"Mama!" Edge exclaimed in disbelief, throwing his arms around her. "I was so worried..."

Lance gave his mother a questioning look, to which she responded in quiet, rapid German, explaining how she'd called the police and warned them of Asvaldur. The two had been arguing in a somewhat nearby parking lot, with Asvaldur not letting his wife out of the car. He pinned her down and when she fought back, he hit her. Not enough to leave bruises, but he hit her all the same and was arrested.

Edge was fluent in German, thanks to Lance's help, but only caught some of what was being said. "H-he hit you?"

Janna nodded. "Not nearly as bad as what he did to you." She kissed his forehead. "You all must be starving!"

Edge and Lance smiled. "We have an announcement, actually." they clasped hands, showing off their silver bands. "We've decided to spend our lives together..."

Janna and Irmalinda squeezed them, exclaiming their happiness incoherently through happy tears and laughter. Fairy squealed, joining in. Edsel, Holi and Hansel approached more calmly afterward to congratulate them, glowing with happiness.

They celebrated with Edge's homemade meal, and afterwards Edge approached his mother and sister. "I assume she's told you?"

Janna nodded. "I want her to stay with me. Asvaldur is no longer home, and I'm lonely without my children anyway. Edge, I'm so happy you've found someone to live your happily ever after with. Holi has a serious girlfriend too, I believe. Fairy, I'd love to have you with me, and if you need my assistance I'll always be there for you and your child."

Both siblings hugged her, tearing up.

All in all, it was an eventful, but joyful night.

Edge and Lance smiled at the family they knew loved them no matter what.