Grammar What's That

"Write a scene that takes place immediately after a tragedy. Don't mention the tragedy."

Sirens blare frantically their mourning songs of sorrow and doom. Alternating lights of electric blue and searing, fiery red spin brightly like a carousel spinning dizzily into a blur of chaos.

Starmine is screaming, tears streaking his cheeks like waterfalls to hell.

Dark is cold.

He's always cold!

Not this cold.

Mine's body trembles in despair, optimistic sky blue eyes uncharacteristically wide and psychotic. He rejects the images his eyes perceive, he won't accept it.

Sir, are you alright?

Mine shakes his head, no, no nothing is alright ever again.

The policemen tall amongst themselves, what do you think really happened? Was it really -they lower their voices- the victim's fault?

Starmine sobs uselessly, haunted by gleaming green eyes of a cat stolen from the purest green of plants and laced into the DNA of a certain person.

It's not my fault he screams, I couldn't save him. I couldn't save him!

Doctors are concerned, he can see it.

I'm not fucking crazy he screeches thrashing against the arms of those supposed to keep him calm. Let me go! It's not my fault!

More doctors hold him and he struggles harder, kicking out gnashing his teeth together as if it would scare them off.

Handcuffs like clasps of a necklace are wrestled onto his wrists, and the bondage sends raw panic through his bones.

He screams and screams and screams he's not dead he's not dead he's not dead he can't be dead.

Everything goes black.

***

Starmine?

.

.

.

Hello, are you Starmine?

No.

But it says so right here!

Go away.

I want to ask you a few questions.

I'm not Starmine.

The therapist sighs. If you're not Starmine then who are you?

Nobody.

Nobody?

Nobody.

Would you like to elaborate?

No he says angrily go away, I don't want to talk.

Why are you nobody, Starmine?

I'M NOT STARMINE!

The therapist sighs again, of course, Nobody.

I used to.

Hm?

I used to know Starmine.

Oh?

He was happy.

And now?

Starmine is dead.

The therapist frowns.

I killed him.

How so?

He died.

How?

When D-D...

Was it because he did something to Dark?

NEVER!

Okay, then what was it?

Starmine died when Dark took his own life.