You'll Have To Watch Me Struggle

"WRITE ABOUT THE QUEEN WHO FELL IN LOVE WITH THE FOOL."

Edge's and Holiday's hearts slowly broke for the fate of their darling sister.

She was such a sweet girl, throwing away her life to be with some loser who told her she was pretty.

Her brothers blamed Asvaldur for sheltering her so much. Asvaldur had twisted her image of a healthy relationship. He and Janna had grown distant from each other over the years due to Asvaldur's treatment of Edge. Asvaldur had also manipulated Fairy into hating Lance and seeing his relationship with Edge as bad. The intent was to make sure Fairy didn't marry a woman, but instead she interpreted it as a bad relationship and that Lance was a horrible person.

In reality, Lance and Edge had a very strong, healthy relationship, and Fairy couldn't understand that.

Her role in her relationship with her boyfriend was to be a doll for him to show off. She sometimes confided in her brothers that she didn't like it when he grabbed her thighs and ass because it made her uncomfortable. She then told them that he does it because he loves her and it's fine if it makes him happy.

Edge tried to argue that it wasn't okay without her consent, but she refused to accept his logic.

So Edge and Holiday watched their sister give into sex because she didn't want her boyfriend to leave her.

She cried to them afterwards, telling them how awful it was and they held her with nothing to say.

They'd already done everything they could to protect her.

The boyfriend coerced her into sex many more times, and one time it got her pregnant. At first, the boyfriend seemed supportive and caring, but Edge and Holiday could read his character.

As they predicted, he left a month before she was due.

Edge and Lance were living together and engaged, and offered for her to stay with them as they both had fairly stable jobs. Fairy was developing trust issues after her father's arrest for child abuse and her boyfriend leaving her alone with a child. She only trusted those closest to her, her mother and brothers.

Holi had a fairly serious girlfriend, but they weren't living together. He offered to let Fairy stay with him instead until they could maybe find her an apartment or something. He assured her that he wouldn't mind purchasing a house with his girlfriend if he proposed, allowing Fairy to continue living with them. His girlfriend liked children anyway, and they were both five years older than Fairy.

For the time being, that was the arrangement until Janna called a family dinner that included all significant others.

When all of her children arrived, she found her eldest son with his girlfriend, her second eldest with his fiancé, and her daughter with a child.

"Why was I not told I have a grandchild? You know I would've been elated!" she exclaimed, clearly hurt. She softened when Fairy started to cry and hugged her tightly. "You didn't want a child yet, did you?"

Fairy shook her head. "H-he left me... He just wanted me for... for..."

"Shhhh... I know, darling."

Holi's girlfriend felt a bit awkward, but wanted to be supportive. "Faie, can I get you some water?"

Fairy nodded, accepting the glass gratefully. She felt more calm afterwards and everyone sat down in the living room. She and Holi's girlfriend were slowly becoming good friends, and the support was much appreciated.

"We have some business to take care of, it appears," Janna announced. "While I couldn't stand Asvaldur's company, I'm lonely now, with no children living particularly close by. I want Fairy to stay with me."

Fairy's expression was one of surprise. She'd expected her mother to be furious at her for having a child so young, and hadn't told her because of it. She thanked her mother with a big hug while Holi's girlfriend held the baby.

"In other news..." Holi smiled, taking his girlfriend's hand. A lovely hand featuring a fairly simple but pretty ring.

"...We're getting married!"

The room exploded into happy hugs and congratulations and when's the date and all of that. Their wedding was to be the year after Edge and Lance, mostly for financial reasons.

At the end of the day, Edge and Holi could feel at peace again, knowing their sister was safe.