'Cause I'd Take One Million Bullets Babe

"The old oak tree."

mafia Lance and Edge :)))

there are two, btw, which in a long story I think I combine occasionally

one hc where they work for the same mafia, the other hc they work for rival mafias and one of them is taken prisoner

This is a bit heavier than other shit I've written so ig warning? But I've also written about murder so idk

actually more of a :(((

Lance smiled tiredly at the rival mafia. His wrists were bound in front of him simply with rope, and he awaited death.

It had been a good life, he supposes, though he regrets not being able to live a normal life.

At least he got some good sex from this life, an incredible partner, even if they could never truly be together because of their rivaling mafias. Lance truly did love that young man, and often dreamed of sharing a domestic life with him.

His purposely expressionless eyes rest on the firing squad before him.

"Any last words?"

Lance sighed, but his lips curled up into the smallest smirk. "I only regret that I never married Edge."

The squad had no proof that there was anything remotely romantic going on between the two, and chose to ignore any significance his words might hold.

They aimed, and Lance bowed his head with a small smile.

He heard every single trigger go off three times...

"NO!"

Shit.

He heard every single bullet.

Why isn't he dead?

And that voice-

"EDGE!"

He threw himself at the collapsed form, doing his best to hold him with his bound wrists.

Edge was smiling as tears and blood streamed down his face. He knew his mafia, they had incredible aim.

He'd taken every single bullet.

He coughed violently, causing blood to flow faster and the coppery liquid came up his throat, dribbling from his lips.

He still smiled though, laying in Lance's arms, bleeding out there under the old oak tree.

"EDGE, STAY WITH ME!" Lance screamed desperately, eyes wide in shock, tears of his own dripping onto the ginger's face.

Edge shook his head, reaching up shakily to wipe away Lance's tears. Lance held that beautiful hand to his face, squeezing it and willing his life force into the one he loved so dearly.

"Edge... You have to fight! Please, I can't do this without you! I can't live without you!"

Edge shook his head again, and using more strength than he had left, attempted to lift himself upright despite his vital organs rapidly failing from bullet wounds.

Lance, though bound, managed to pull him up the rest of the way and softly kissed him, despite the blood in his mouth. Edge clung to Lance as best he could, running on sheer willpower.

He enjoyed a long, gentle kiss before slowly pulling away to see Lance's face one last time. Lance kept his hand to his cheek, and Edge weakly attempted to wipe away the flood of tears running down the blond's face.

"I love you..." he whispered, smiling.

"Edge...?"

The ginger slumped in his arms, blue-green eyes becoming unfocused.

"EDGE??"

Lance grew hysterical, adrenaline pounding through his bloodstream. His wrists were bloody, but the rope was no longer there thanks to whatever he did. He holds Edge's lifeless form and screams.

"KILL ME! FUCKING KILL ME!"

He was sobbing so hard he was barely intelligible, but would not leave Edge's body. He would be with Edge, dead or alive.

He had nothing to live for now, so dead was fine.

"KILL ME! OR I WILL FUCKING SHOOT MYSELF!"

He fumbled blindly for the pistol at Edge's hip, vision blurred with hysterical tears, hands groping at a weapon belt covered in blood. Shaking, he put the pistol to his head, hugging Edge tightly with his other arm.

"DO IT!"

The firing squad took pity on him, and delivered him his original sentence, ending his life.

His last conscious thought was of seeing Edge again.