Anna

Anna walked home instead of getting a ride from Lane. She wanted some alone time to think of what she would wear to the Adam's party. When she saw Andrew Keps outside throwing a football around with his friend Mat. Anna had a crush on Andrew since she could remember. And the best part was Andrew was Anna's neighbor. She had made sure her parents let her have the bedroom with the window equal with Andrew's window to his bedroom.
"Hey Anna." Andrew said smiling at her.
"Hey Andrew."
"Where's Lane?"
"Oh, she had to study for the science quiz so she went to the library." She lied. Lane never had to study she would always get every question right. She wondered why Andrew had a sudden interest in Lane.
"Oh, fun." Mat said.
"Very." She smiled, she still couldn't believe Mat and Lane had dated for almost 7 weeks.
"Can I play?"
"Sure, do you know how?" Mat said snickering.
"Throw me the pig!"
Mat tossed it high in the air as tall as the big oak in between their houses. Anna ran towards it, she had played with her older brother Kent and his friends and they had told her everything she needed to know to be a tough talking girl. Anna caught it with one hand and tossed it as hard as she could to Mat, which hit him in the groin. Mat fell on the floor holding it and going "OHHHH!" Andrew started laughing and pointing at Mat. Anna couldn't help but smile, she had just shown a boy that she could play football.
"Anna that was so funny." He gave her a high-five. She was hoping for a hug or maybe better a kiss but, she would take what she would get.