The Art Program-Lane-

Lane was sitting with Anna on her last day of being in Hiklo Village maybe forever. She was leaving school right after since her mother found out she wasn't pregnant with Dan's baby and no STD. Maybe if she had Dan's baby her mother might have let her stay, but it was a slim chance. No matter what her mother had said she still hadn't broken things off with Dan even though he was in jail, she was supposed to see him tonight to tell him she was leaving, maybe forever. Anna was almost in tears and they were drawing someone who was supposed to be happy. Lane had been so excited to have summer in Hiklo Village before the move there was a party at Tara's and other things happening that she wasn't going to be a part of. Some people had spread rumors around that she was actually pregnant and was giving free sex, Adam had obviously come and said he wanted some, to think she had actually liked him in the first place was crazy! Andrew was sitting in the corner with a pretty girl who had just come to this school last week and had a bunch of guys looking at her already. And then there was Mat, who had never looked more handsome in his entire life. After that night at the hospital Lane couldn't stop thinking about, the way his eyes lit up when he saw her, she didn't tell him that she was watching him to through the slits in her eyes. She was happy for him, but it didn't matter there was something about him that was hard to replace. Anna was painting a rose when a shiny tear glimmered down her cheek and smeared it everywhere.
"Anna?" The art teacher had noticed the girl's sad vibe and had walked over to them bringing the attention of some other classmates.
"Yes, Mrs. Steuben?" Anna's chocolate eyes swam with tears. Mrs. Stuebin took Anna's painting and smeared the colors of the rose together with her fingers, Anna watched with curious eyes. She held the painting out to Lane and Anna with a sad look. It was a beautiful rose that had many colors mixed into it. It also looked like a sad rose with the background of stormy grey.
"The saddest things make things more beautiful then you can imagine." She says handing Anna back her painting. Lane dares a look at Mat and sees him staring at Janelle across the room. Even though she had cheated he was still in love with her.
"Mrs. Steuben?" Anna squeaks. Mrs. Steuben turned around with her frizzy orange hair. She mouths something to Mrs. Steuben that Lane is not able to understand and she nods. Anna stands up and gives Lane a quick hug and then quickly rushes out of the room.