Lane

Lane woke up in Dan's bed. She smiled and inhaled deeply. The room smelled exactly like him. Sweet and manly. Dan was only twenty-six, so he was still pretty young, not too old to not like. She wondered if Dan had ever had any girlfriends besides her mom. Wait why was she thinking of that?! She threw back the covers and walked to the door. Dan was sitting there watching baseball. He threw his hands up in the air as the Red Sox hit a homerun. I've just hit a homerun, Lane thought. She cleared her throat and Dan jumped and turned around.
"Oh hey!" He half waved and smiled, it was so adorable Lane melted on the spot.
"Hey!" She smiled.
"I bought you some poptarts," He pointed at the counter where strawberry pop tarts box sat.
"Thanks," She walked over to the counter and felt Dan's eyes on her the whole way. She leaned over and exposed some her lower part of her butt and she heard him suck in his breath, she grinned with a guilty pleasure. She took out a pop tart and then put it back.
"Do you have any carrots or something healthy?"
"Yeah in the fridge." He pointed at the box in the middle of the kitchen. She walked over and pulled out some carrots and took the bag over to the couch where Dan was sitting and flopped down next to him making their legs touch each other. She took out a carrot and ate it slowly. He kept his eyes on the TV. Just look at me! She thought. She turned her eyes to the TV too.
"Red Soxs?" She looked at him confusingly.
"Yeah, I'm rooting for the Twins though." He took a swig of beer.
"Oh," She fiddled with the bag in her lap and pulled out another carrot. She stuck it in her mouth and went to put the bag away, and sat back down. She put her feet up on the table and stuck the carrot in her mouth and let it stick out, to do her hair. Her feet nudged the can of beer and it spilled all over her. She shrieked in surprise as Dan's eyes widened. Dan got up quickly and came back with some paper towels. She started laughing as he dabbed the beer on her lap lightly.
"I'm sorry," She said clumsily with the carrot still in her mouth. He looked up and gave her a sly and shy smile.
"It's okay." He looked up at her and grinned and then he saw the carrot in her mouth and smirked. "Um," She blushed and shoved the rest of the carrot in her mouth.