Lane

Lane woke up in her bed surprised that her alarm hadn't gone off. She threw back the covers and walked downstairs.
"Hey honey." Her mom said as she took a sip of her coffee.
"Hey.?" She looked around the kitchen and didn't see Dan anywhere.
"He's not here." She said sternly without looking up from her coffee.
"Oh." She croaked.
"How long had that been going on!?"
"What do you mean?"
"How long have you two been doing that, behind my back?"
"Mom, he thought I was you!" She looked at her mom.
"No need to lie about it Lane." She rubbed her forehead with her hands.
"Mom I swear I didn't do anything like that behind your back he is way older than me! You were in love with him!" She through her hands up in the air and yelled.
"Was, in love with because of you." She gave Lane a cold stare from across the room as it went deathly silent.
"Mom, you can't think I was actually with him." She slumped against the counter.
"I do actually and you'll be happy to know you are not going anywhere today, not to school, not to Adam's party."
"Mom! You can't do that to me!" She felt her face getting hot and her eyes burning on the verge of tears.
"I just did." Her mother looked up with tears running down her cheeks, "And if I find out you did go anywhere I'm going to send you off to your dad, for the rest of the year." She got up from her chair with her dirty blonde hair peeking out of her messy bun and her yellow tank top straps falling down her shoulders.
"I hate you!" Lane cried only have meaning it, instantly wanting to take it back.
"You know Lane, for all it's worth I hate myself too." Her mother climbed the stairs. Lane sat down at the table and and put her head in her hands and sobbed till there was nothing except her body rocking back and forth. She walked over to her phone and dialed a number she knew from calling everyday. A number she thought she would never call again. A few rings rang out in her ears, he picked up on the first ring.
"Hello? Lane, why aren't you at school?"
But she hung up before she got the chance to answer.