Andrew

Andrew whistled as he climbed down the stairs of his hallway with Grace by his side. She trotted along happily and barked when the doorbell. Andrew glanced at his mom who was asleep on the couch. He walked Grace into the bathroom and shut the door. He heard her whining as he answered the door. Two police officers stood in front of his door. There were three more standing in his yard.
"Can I help you guys?" He asked trying to remain calm.
"Yes, may we see the lady of the house." One of the policemen with a mustache said.
"Um, she's asleep." He glanced back at his mom asleep on the couch. "Can you guys like come back later?"
"It's pretty urgent." The bulkier one said crossing his arms.
"My mom has had a pretty rough year, can you just please come back later?"
The policeman with the mustache pushed passed his outstretched arm and walked over to his mom.
"No! Don't!" But the policeman was already shaking her awake. Andrew groaned and sat down on the floor. She sat up gingerly.
"Yes officers?" She said through a yawn.
"We would like to ask if you know where this girl is?" The bulkier one held up a picture of Lane. Andrew's heart stopped. He had been over Lane for quite some time now, but seeing her picture still put him on edge. Andrew's mom took the picture and put her reading glasses on.
"Andy? Doesn't this girl go to your school?" She squinted at him.
"Uh huh." Andrew got up and looked at the picture. Lane had a light yellow v-neck on and white shorts from Hollister. Her long tan legs made Andrew want to run his hands all over them. Or all over her body, he thought guiltily.
"Her name is Lane."
"Lanenera Margtie." The policeman corrected him.
"Lanenera?" Andrew asked quizzically.
"Yes, her full name."
"I thought some people saw her at Adam's party." He said handing the picture back.
"That's what some other kids said too, except no one saw her leave."
"Maybe they were just to drunk to notice." Andrew murmured.
"There was drinking at that party?!" The one with the mustache said.
"A lot,"
"That explains it."
"Explains what?"
"Why we can't find her."