Anna

Anna walked over to the spot where she promised she would meet Rob. As promised he stood by the drinking fountain with his fake glasses stuck low on his nose. He wore a plaid shirt and black skinny jeans with an OBEY hat on and black Nike sneakers with a blue logo on it and white laces. He turned and saw Anna right away and smiled, he had really white and straight teeth. She ran to him and jumped on him as he circled her with his arms and pulled her up to kiss him.
"Hey Anna Banana." He kissed her neck.
"Anna Banana?" She stuck out her tongue.
"Thought I would try it out, don't like it?" He smiled slyly.
"No, only special occasions."
"Why only special occasions?" He frowned.
"Because then it will help me realize what a dork you are and forget about what's going on." She kissed him shyly on the lips. He laughed and set her down.
"You ready for Taco John's?" He asked taking his keys out of his pocket.
"Do you really have to ask?" She poked him in the stomach. As soon as they started to leave, Mrs. Sortez came walking behind them.
"Mr. Haets? Miss Keiela?" Her heels clicked on the floor as she walked towards them. Rob and Anna turned with red faces to her.
"What are you doing out here? Class has already started." She crossed her arms and tapped her foot making her heels echo off the hall's walls.
"I was getting a drink and I ran into her, so we started talking, and I guess I lost track of time." Rob shrugged and looked at Anna.
"Yeah," Anna nodded.
Mrs. Sortez looked at them suspiciously, "So you two weren't having sex in the bathroom?" Anna and Rob's mouths dropped open.
"You can't possibly think, that him and I, that him and me-" Anna stuttered.
"I've seen it all, Miss Keilela." She waved a hand at them. "Just get to class, okay?" And she walked off. As soon as Anna thought she was gone, she started to laugh. Rob however didn't join in. When she noticed he wasn't laughing she stopped, letting her smile falter.
"Rob, what is it?" She laced her hand in his.
"Why can't people think that?" He turned to her, he had plain hurt written all over his face.
"Why can't people think what?" She cocked her head to the side.
"That we could be together." He pulled his hand out of her's.
"Rob, I was trying to make sure we wouldn't get in trouble, I don't care if people know we are together."
"Am I just some kind of a joke to you?" He clenched his fists at his sides.
"Rob, of course not." She reached for him, but he backed away.
"Then what am I?"
"Robert Michael Haets, you are the sweetest, adorable, lovable, kind, caring, funny, romantic, person I have ever met, and without you, I don't think I could live another day, or another second." He looked at her now. His eyes were glossy. She knew then that he was right, she wasn't ready either. She just wanted to be held by him and not have to worry about the future. She felt safe in his arms, like nothing would ever be able to get to her. She wanted that now.
"Anna?" He said cupping her face with his hands.
"Rob?" She put her hands on his chest.
"I love you."