Anna

Janelle had left hours ago. Leaving Anna and Rob alone again. Rob traced circles on her arms sending shivers up her spine and making butterflies in her stomach.
"We dated for a couple months, until I found out she was dating Mat." His voice stiffened around the name Mat. Anna patted his back reassuringly.
"Do you still love her?" She froze.
"Not anymore, I did before I met you, but-" He didn't need to finish his sentence.
That was all Anna needed his word. She crawled over him and laid her head on his chest while he stroked her hair and ran his his hand down her spine. She sighed.
"Why don't you?"
"Why don't I what?"
"Want to have sex with me?" She looked up at him.
"Because."
"Because why?"
"Because me and Janelle had sex, and she got pregnant."
"But,"
"She had an abortion."
"But maybe I want a kid, you would make a great father."
"Anna, you and I both know that's a lie, besides I'm not ready."
"Rob,"
"I don't want to have to have a kid when I'm in college and be studying all night and then when he cries have to hold him, and I couldn't let you do that, not until I was sure you were ready too." He rubbed his temples.
"Okay, okay." She snuggled up to him and fell asleep to his voice.