Mat

As soon as school was out, Mat bolted for the doors. He didn't take any homework with him. Or anything. He just got into his car and left. As soon as he was on the main road he was getting a call from Andrew.
"Hello?" Andrew said from the other side of the conversation.
"Hey, what is it? You never call me."
"I've got to tell you something, it's from Janelle." Mat's finger immediately went over to end.
"Don't hang up." Andrew rushed on.
Mat groaned. "Fine what is it?"
"She needs you to talk to her."
"Who doesn't she need to talk to her." He switched the phone to the other ear.
"Mat,"
"She needs a guidance counselor, that's what she needs."
A beeping noise sounded from the other end of the phone.
Andrew hung up?! What? Mat didn't want to call him back, so he stuck his phone in his jean pocket and drove the rest of the way home. When he got there, he saw a familiar grey Jeep sitting in his driveway, but the driver wasn't in the car. He pulled around and saw Janelle picking up her phone. She shaded her eyes and looked at the screen. Mat turned off the car and walked to the front door.
"Mat!" Janelle screamed. Mat turned around.
"That's my name don't wear it out." He turned around and walked into the house as Janelle was screaming insults at him about ruining her phone. One less thing she could cheat on somebody else with. He opened the fridge as his mom walked into the room with her fading yellow robe. She had her hair done up in curlers and she had her green slippers on. She peered out the window and crossed her arms.
"What did you do now?" She looked at Mat.
"I cracked her stupid iphone." He took out some orange juice and poured it into a glass. He drained it down in almost three seconds. His mom shook her head, smiling.
"You're gonna have to pay for that, you know?" She was on the verge of laughing.
"Yup, I'll happily pay for it." Mat bowed and ran to his room. When he got upstairs he checked his messages. Six messages from girls from school already. He pushed play.
"Hey Mat! This is Jayden Timon! Call me!"
"Hi Mat! It's me Tara Grefes! Call me back, I would like to talk to you!"
"Hey Matthew, it's Haley Pent, call me up if you want a good time."
"Hey Mat, it's Didi Reaillys! Call me back, okay?"
"Hey Mat call me! By the way its me Emma Frees!"
"Hey Mat, it's me Lane, I'm sorry I bailed on you, but I had family business I had to take care of. If you still need to talk, I'm here if you need me. So um, bye."
Mat replayed the last one over and over again, all these girls were hot, but none compared to Lane. If he couldn't have Lane, he might take Didi because Janelle hates her, or Tara would be nice. Maybe even Haley, but it was all nothing compared to how much he wanted Lane.