chapter 6

when maddie got back she insisted halfsac ate with them. halfsac had know jax for a while before he prespected and now his year was almost up and he had never seen his VP like this. he had never seen his VP look at a woman like he does maddie or even act like he does with her.

as they were laughing and talking gemma, clay, tig, and opie were coming off the elevator to go visit him. tara seen them and stormed over "do you know what your son was doing with that woman?!" she whispered harshly gemma just looked at her "i went to do my job and check his sutures and the prospect wouldnt let me in. they were in there fucking or something i heard jax." tig and opie laughed while clay and gemma done their best to hide their smiles. "thats my boy." tig said with pride.

"that whore was sleeping in his bed. he cant be doing that itll mess up his healing."

"i don't think you should let jax talk about her like that. jax is going to do what he wants. youre doing a horrible job of hiding your jealousy doc." gemma told her before she walked off.

they could hear jax, maddie and halfsac laughing as gemma opened the door. all three of them red in the face.

"hey baby you look better" gemma said kissing her sons cheek. "yeah ma i am. im ready to get out of here."

they guys greeted jax as gemma talked to maddie. jax was worried how his mom would be but she seemed to accept maddie. he just hoped there wasnt some alternate motive. maddie sat in a chair at the top of the best holding jax hand or would have it laying on his leg. gemma sat next to her while the guys stood around. they talked and got to know maddie.

the main doctor came in with a very annoyed tara following.

"good afternoon mr. teller, how are you feeling?" "im good. ready to get out of here." jax told him. "let me check your sutures and Dr. knowles will change the bandages. i was informed youve already had a shower this morning correct?" "yeah the nurse checked them when i got done." "good you need to be up and moving so we know youll be good to go home. hows your head? any memory problems? theyve told me youve only take one dose of pain medicine since you woke up." "my head feels fine, minds all good. i dont need the medicine. you know when i can go home" "i would like to keep you another night to make sure your head is in fact alright." "alright. id like to go see my son, hes in the NICU." "thats fine. you may walk but will need to take a wheelchair just in case."

the doctor had jax turn on his good side so he could check his wounds. tara looked them over also then redressed them. "they look good mr. teller. you need to take it easy for atleast the next two weeks hopefully they will be closed by then and we can remove the sutures. riding a bike is not a good idea it will put a strain on them and possibly rip them then we will most likely have to admit you until theyre healed. see you later mr. teller. take it easy, a lot of rest will help a lot." the doctor told him before he left the room with tara silently following.

they guys left, clay was sending juice to relieve halfsac. "lets so see abel." jax said looking at maddie her eyes got huge and a big smile appeared on her face. "oh really?!" she said excited "yeah babe" gemma liked that the girl seemed so excited to meet her grandson. "okay but i need to go to my truck real quick before me go. do you want anything from downstairs? or sneak out for a smoke?"

"you know me so well mads. yeah lets go smoke then well go see him."

they walked outside, jax had his arm around maddies shoulder neither would say anything but he leaned on her a little after a while. maddie squeezed his hand to let him know she got it and was there for him without saying it out loud. after she got him situated at a table she ran to her truck.

"she seems to care about you and Abel." gemma said

"yeah ma. shes amazing. im lucky as fuck."