chapter 16

after introducing her to everyone he got them some drinks. "i get this is alot and im sorry. theres some shit happening and i needed to know you were safe. tacoma doesnt normally have real bad problems so it doesnt happen often last time i just stayed at your house unless they needed me and then i had someone sit on it." "you had some random guy watch my house. what they follow me to" she already knew the answer because thats what samcro would do. "okay its alright. you were trying to protect me. no more secrets right? you got a wife? any other kids?" "fuck no. wives are to much and no kids i know of. most woman i fuck with would love to drop a kid on me so i think i would know." "please stop. i dont ever want to hear that shit again. any about you and some woman. and for the love of god like i said ive seen what can happen at these parties i will make myself scarce but please dont let me see you doing shit out in the open with some whore. id rather not need a reason to cut my eyes out." happy chuckled "ill try baby girl. youll be okay here." "yeah ill sit here and drink plus i got killer with me."

happy walked over to where lee sat with samcro, quinn, donut and kozik. after a while he seen lees wife talking to maddie. maddie got serious before they both smiled and betty came to sit in lees lap. he thought about where she worked fuck she worked at the free clinic, where they done abortions.

"betty how you know my kid" happy asked he knew he needed to stay calm that being tacomas presidents wife.

she sighed "happy i legally cannot tell you that"

"fuck that shit. yall do abortions and free shit. anonymous shit."

"yeah we do. i was there when the doctor told her she was pregnant. she about jumped off the table didnt believe her. i seen a spark in her eye at the thought. i was also there when the doctor told her she was sorry there wasnt a heart beat. i held her when she broke down because of it. had no idea she was your kid. didn't know you had one until today when she walked in with yall. shes hurting happy more than you could ever know go easy on her. shes probably beating herself up and blaming herself enough"

happy looked over at his daughter, she was sitting there alone with a full glass in her hand. it broke his heart to hear that she was in so much pain. "whyd she even go there." betty shrugged "she needed a refill on birth control quick and couldn't get in with her doctor. need a check up." betty told her what maddie said. maddie told her if she told anyone the truth of why she came in that day she would get her for HIPPA and sue the clinic. maddie apologized she didnt want to. betty knew she meant it but didnt want to do that or threaten her. betty could tell she was hurting and trying to get through it alone. she thought her dad deserved to know what happened to his daughter, he could help her heal and be there for her. she knew it was only a matter of time before the truth came out and she hoped she wasnt there when the tacoma killer found out his daughter was raped at a truck stop.

kozik went to talk to maddie when he seen a guy from indian hills approach her, killer on gaurd in case. all he heard was a part of the conversation "you dont know who my daddy is do you" "baby girl i can be your daddy tonight if thats what you want to call me." he about knocked the guy out when he heard maddie laugh "no i mean my father. the guy whose semen conceived me. ill let you in on the secret. you may know him as the tacoma killa or happy fucking lowman. fuck off." the guys eyes got big and looked at happy before he took off.

kozik rushed to where everyone sat. he stopped quick making everyone look at him. "you tell mads what we call you" he asked happy "nah. why" "some Indian hills guy was hitting on her. she asked if he knew who her dad was. typical nasty comment from him. the kid made sure he knew she meant her father she said no the semen that helped conceive me, and called you the tacoma killa. how the fuck does she know" "the fuck. i have no idea." he whistled and maddie looked right at him he nodded his head telling her to come over.