chapter 27

jax sat against their head board with maddie leaning against him. he got her to strip, helped her shower, dried her off and dressed her in her favorite shirt of his. he had a pair of sweats ready if she needed them.

"im so sorry baby" he said kissing her head. he had no idea what to say other than that, let her know he was there for her and he loved her. "i wish you would have told me and not taken this on, on your own. but i get it. just please dont push me away."

jax told happy to come in when he knocked on the door. he had alot of food in his hands. maddie sat up and smiled at her dad "thank you daddy." she said reaching out for the food. "got you some to." happy said passing jax a to go box.

happy walked over and kissed maddie on the head "i love you kid" maddie laughed "i love you to daddy. im good. i promise. can we go for a ride later?" theyd always gone for rides in general but its always been a thung they did when they needed one on one time, or to talk. "yeah baby. just let me know. probably have to take someone with us but yeah well go mads" he leaned down to hug her "i love you baby im so sorry" he whispered "ill be okay. i love you" she kissed his cheek.

maddie slowly ate as she talked with jax. "i miss abel." she admitted "once i opened that box i knew itd be better if he wasnt here today."

"hes alright with ma. i get it babe. just know im here for whatever and whenever. i love you mads."

maddie nodded "i love you jackson. were going on lockdown arent we?"

"yeah. just wating for you to be ready to go. no rush though."

"i really don't want to go out there. theyre all going to look at me like im broken, damaged."

"what no one will. if they do ill cut their heart out. everyone loves you mads. hell when i hurt you they all made sure i knew how dumb i was, they were pissed because you mean so much to everyone. they wont treat you any different baby."

"i dont want to talk about it. to anyone. just move on, do what yall have to do and be done with it all. i didnt say anything to anyone cause i didnt want anyone to know, or for any of yall to be hurt because of it. thats why they done it. to hurt the club. ill be alright."

"baby im sorry. i just hate they took something from you, hurt you. the baby? is that why you lost it?"

"they werent sure. they couldnt tell if i lost it before or because of the trauma, i told them it happened at some truck stop and i just got out and ran."

"i wish i could take this all away from you. i just want to help you and make sure you're okay."

"you want to help me? then drop it." she demanded "please jax. i dont want to talk about it or think about it." she pleaded

"alright baby." jax said hugging her he kissed her forehead.

maddie got everything ready for her and abel to go stay at the clubhouse. she felt like everything was about to break. she never wanted anyone to know about her rape and now everyone knew. she had a duffle for herself and one for Abel. maddie wrapped her arms around jax like it would be the last time she got to ride with him. in her mind it would be.

maddie was annoyed when she seen taras cutlass in TMs parking lot. she didnt say anything she just went into the clubhouse. what really pissed her off was walking in to see her holding abel. maddie went to get him "arent you sick?" tara asked turning some so she couldnt get him. tig and kozik were standing near. you could heard a growl come from maddie before she grabbed Abel "touch my son again and ill fucking sl-" kozik stepped and led maddie away. "hey I wanted to tell her what to expect." she told him pouting "yeah not with the baby right there mads." he said smirking "well bitch needs to learn her place. ill slit her fucking throat she comes near him again." kozik laughed "theres the  happy lowman in you. and i believe youll do it." he said walking her into jax dorm.