chapter 9

maddie woke up after just a few hours of sleep, she was exhausted after not sleeping much the past couple of days. but she was ready to see abel.

she quickly got her bag out of her truck and took a shower. she let jax sleep he looked so peaceful and she knew he had been stressed because of everything going on with the club. he told her everything. told her it was the only way they would work, now she worried even knowing actually knowing he was in danger on certain runs. before she guessed how his life was but now that she knew she made sure he knew how much she loved him.

once she got ready she woke him up to say bye "jax baby" she said shaking his shoulder. he opened his eyes annoyed at first but smiled when he seen her "sorry for waking you up im going to see abel. you look like you needed sleep so sleep." "no ill go with you babe." "ill be okay alone i promise. you need some rest, rest that mind of yours and relax. call me when you wake up and we can go get something to eat. i love you jackson." she kissed him "hmm i love you to madelyn." he kissed her again.

it was only 7 am when she walked through the main room of the clubhouse everyone was still passed out she couldnt help but laughed. she walked outside and seen TMs office door open. when she walked up she seen gemma "hey baby where you going so early?" "hey gemma im going to see abel. ive missed him." "you be careful." gemma wanted to offer to go along but figured maddie needed to go alone "you ignore the good doctor." "oh i will. jax said he listed me as his mother and emergency contact behind you two. calls me his mama. i should embrace that. i love abel like he was my own. well he is my son just not legally. so she can kiss my ass." gemma laughed "damn right baby. go spend some time with your son. how long you here for?" "hopefully till wednesday."

maddie walked up to the NICU floor excited and bouncing to see abel. she looked through the window before she walked in to see him kicking around. she hated that he was alone alot thats why she wouldnt let jax drive to tacoma. shed rather run herself ragged and make the trip just so jax could be home and they could visit abel so he wasnt alone. she went into the room and washed her hands and arms before picking abel up. "good morning my sweet love. maddie has missed you so so much." she said cuddling him.

she sat down with him and talked to him for a while. she even fed him and changed him. after a couple hours she could feel eyes on her and knew it had to be tara but she ignored her. "you know daddy calls me your mama i guess i should start to. but baby boy you call me whatever you want cause i love you. and youll always be my baby boy."

"its only supposed to be family in here" tara tried to scold her walking in the room. "i am family." "he has a mother" she snapped "he has a birth mother who almost killed him chosing to get high above taking care of him. youre right he does. but he has a mama to, me." "doesnt matter only family is allowed. put him down and leave." maddie was trying to keep her anger in check "you know jax added me to his paperwork. honestly you just need to mind your business, doc." "i hope you know where jax has been the last few days. let me tell you the party sure was fun last night." maddie laughed "thats funny. i know where my man has been, always do. im not sure if id say it was fun for you. jax sending you off in front of everyone like that, not even giving you a second look. but dont worry you were right it was a real fun party especailly the way it ended, jax yelling out my name and i his then we both fell asleep wrapped up in each other. nice try though doc." tara stood there shocked she didn't know what to say "youre excused unless abel needs something. have a great day doc." tara scoffed before she stormed out of the room, almost running into gemma who just smirked at her.

gemma walked in "oh hey look grandmas here." she told abel who cooed and looked around. once gemma washed her hands she walked over to her grandson and his mama "there she is little man see." maddie held him so he would look at gemma abel kicked and gave a smile as maddie passed him to gemma.