chapter 31

jax got home in the middle of the night and couldn't be more ready to see abel and maddie. he hung his kutte up and made sure the doors were locked before he went into abels room.

he wasnt expecting to see maddie asleep in there. he kissed his sons head before he kneeled in front of maddie moving the hair out of her face "babe" he whispered trying to not wake abel. she jumped pushing him away and pulled a gun out from under the pillow. jax looked at her as he sat there on his ass with the gun in his face. maddie blinked for a second "oh shit. I'm sorry!" she whispered as she put the gun back and turned the safety on.

"I'm glad to know you keep that close and how fast you move." jax told her with a smirk.

"I didn't even hear you come in. everything go okay?"

jax sat up on his knees and kissed her. "I missed you. everything good now."

"go shower I'll fix you something to eat."

jax stood up pulling maddie with him "I can think of something else I need more than food babe." he said squeezing her hips.

maddie grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the door, both of them checking on abel as they went past his crib.

jax watched as maddie turned the water on before she slowly stripped out of her clothes. he knew she was teasing him, he looked her over once she had nothing on letting out a low moan as he licked his lips. they hadnt even touched and he was completely ready for her, the way her body moved just to undress was amazing to him, everything about her made him go crazy. she winked at him before stepping into the shower and closing the door. jax, still fully clothed, stood there thinking about her, he couldn't believe how lucky he was.

maddie poked her head out of the glass door "you coming?" jax' eyes snapped to look at her, maddie couldnt hold back her laugh as jax started to undress so fast he almost tripped.

jax laid awake with maddie next to him as he ran his hand along her back. he still blamed himself for what Weston done to her, hated himself for it. he didnt think or feel any different towards her maybe just more protective. if it was up to him she would have someone with her all the time to keep her safe. jax knew she could fight, and always had a weapon on her but he was terrified she would get hurt again or killed because of him. she never fully talked about what all happened when they took her, but from what they done to gemma and the little bit of the recording they seen he could piece it together. he wasnt even sure he wanted to know because it would drive him insane, there was no telling what they actually done or said to her. they had already killed them but he knew if they ever found out the specifics it wouldnt be enough.

he was scared he was going to end up losing her. the things they said would get in her head and she would push him away. there were certain words or sounds she would jump to but he never brought it up knowing it would  bother her that anyone noticed. maddie was strong as hell, the strongest person he knew. but he could tell the trauma she went through was still getting to her. maddie would come to him and talk when she needed to.

he wished she hadnt lost their baby, imagining what she would look like carrying his child, seeing a little girl who looked just like her mother. he never imagined being a father, abel was a big surprise but once he came into the world nothing else was as important. he knew what he wanted in life which was maddie, abel and any future children. his family.