chapter 34

maddie looked at jax with her mouth open.

"what the fuck" she shook her head not believing what he just said. "aaand it's yours? that why she needed  to talk to you?"

"yeah she says it is."

maddie laughed but it was dry and she was not amused "WOW. what happened to "I'm clean" "I used a condom with everyone" I need to fucking get tested jesus. I can't believe this shit."

"I swear I used a condom. I dont know I guess one broke or something."

maddie scoffed "yeah I bet. fuck this. so she came to talk what happened?"

"I told her I would be there for the kid but that was it. right after clay called something happened at the warehouse and needed me. I had halfsac coming over and tara said she would stay with abel until he got there. she called me when half-sac got there so I would know he made it when Cameron came in with a gun looking for you then noticed abel. halfsac went to stop him and that's when he got stabbed. tara done what she could to help him, it saved the kid. he made her sit in the rocker and tied her to it. I heard the beginning of it all on the phone and got to the house as fast as I could but they were already gone."

"so my son was left with her and now hes gone. she CHOSE not to fight back, abel is gone. I'm glad half-sac is alive and going to make it but abel is a baby, he cant fight back, he cant run, nothing and she just let him walk out the fucking door with him. fuck that. if I was at home he would have had to pry him from my cold dead hands!! gun to my head or not! she should have fucking saved him stupid bitch."

"babe I'm sorry"

"yeah alright. I'm done with this. let's go. let's see if we can find abel."

jax stepped in front of her "are you going to be okay to drive?"

"yeah I'm good. I'll smoke a cigarette, get killer, and jam to my music on the way to charming. when we get there I'll be going to check on kip and have him tell me what happened. then I'm going to ask tara what happened every detail and ask her why she didnt protect abel. and before you try to tell me no wherever he is I will be going with you to get him."

"that's it? you're not mad?"

"oh fuck yeah I'm mad. but right now I'm not in the mood and dont have the energy to deal with your baby mama drama with your ex. I'm more worried about abel and getting him home safe. the rest of the never ending bullshit can be figured out later on."

jax gave her a sad smile before hugging and kissing her. "I love you maddie. I'm so sorry."

"I know" maddie didnt want to be near him right now.

jax didnt let her go "babe. please I need you by my side on this."

maddie took a breath "I know. I am, I'm here. we will find abel and figure everything else out after. I love you."