chapter 8

two days later Abel got out of the incubator. jax, maddie and gemma patiently waited for them to bring him in without all the cords.

tara was mad when she realized jax was having her in there when he first got to hold abel. tara was going to make sure this girl didnt stick around much longer. she would have jax back if it was the last thing she did. she took abel into the room and handed him to jax. he sat down in the chair "i dont know how to break this to you kid but im your old man." he told abel with a chuckle. abel cooed looking at his dad.

maddie teared up seeing jax with his sweet boy. she grabbed gemmas hand and nodded towards the door. tara planned on trying to stay until gemma grabbed her shoulder and moved her to walk out before her, maddie walking behind her. jax reached out and grabbed maddie hand "stay with us." she nodded and moved to sit in the chair next to him. "i swear hes gotten bigger since two days ago. hes perfect jax" "yeah he is isnt he." jax smile.

tara watched as jax and his new whore looked at abel. she felt the anger rise in her when jax reached over to put his hand on her cheek then moved to kiss her. he seen him tell her something, she smiled and said something to him. fuck he just told her he loved her. tara felt her heart break maybe he was gone. she couldnt look away though. she watched as jax stood up and placed abel in maddies arms then kneeled next to the chair one arm around her and one on abel. after a few minutes jax looked out the window and smiled,  he walkedto the door and told gemma to come in. "ill let mama have some time with her baby." gemna told him. tara snapped her head to look at gemma why the hell would she call that woman that. "well grandma his mama said to get in here. now come on." gemma smiled and went in the room. jax didnt even pay her any attention. she watched for another moment before she couldnt take it anymore.

they sat there a while until abel fell asleep. jax absolutely loved seeing maddie with abel. he knew he loved her but seeing how much she loved his son made him love her more.

maddie made it to her first family dinner, she survived. gemma found out that girl can really cook. she stayed another week before she had to go back to tacoma. she hated leaving jax and abel but she needed to get back to work.

"i dont want you to go mads. abel doesnt want you to go. hes going to miss his mama." jax said wrapping his arms around her. she wasnt surprised anymore when he called her that, hed done it since they got to hold Abel.

"i have to. i need to get back to work. i would love to stay longer but i cant. i will drive back down on my next few days off."

jax pouted "ill just hold you hostage. what if i ride up this weekend nothing planned for the club so i should be able to."

"if you want to. but baby abel is gonna need you and i hate to be the reason youre not there. i wish you could bust him out and bring him with you."

"hell be home soon and then maybe i can convice you to move down here."

now that shocked maddie "w-what. wow. okay we will see when that time comes."

"alright when youre ready babe we would love to have you here. i would love to have you here always." she said grabbing her ass

"you know i have to go why do you start. thats just not fair."

"i cant help it babe. you really have to go right now" "yes i should have left a couple hours ago but you started then to." "alright ill become good friends with my hand again." "im sorry baby" she said kissing him "please be careful and call me when you stop." "i will. i love you." "i love you maddie. always." "always" she told him smiling before she got in her car and drove off.

maddie and jax skyped everyday he wasnt on a run. he would skype her everytime he went to visit abel, she even had copies of his books so she could read to him. since the club and gemma had met her jax was so secretive about talking to her. maddie and gemma talked often to, jax was happy they got along.