1

Shawn Carter,

"Alright, let go over the answers. Shawn?," Mrs. Johnson, my history teacher, called. "Why don't you answer the first question for us? Read the question aloud and then your answer, please."

I picked my head up off the desk with a light groan, then I flipped my textbook open to reveal my worksheet.

"What act passed in 1756 was used to tighten economic and military hold on American colonies?" I read. "I put the Stamp Act."

"Good!" Seemed like every else had something else by the way they were erasing. "You wanna do the next two?"

"Sure," I nodded. "This document ratified all 13 colonies in 1787. The Constitution."

"Great. And the next one?"

"People who rejected the ratification of the constitution were the blank." I read. "They were the Anti-Federalists."

"Awesome." She said while writing down participation points down on her notepad. "Ermias, why don't you do the next three?"

I chuckled, slapping the back of his neck. The class busted out laughing. Ermias just grinned big looking at his paper.

"Shawn, hands to ourselves, please." Mrs. Johnson smirked.

"My bad, Mrs. Johnson."

"Alright, go ahead, Ermias."

[Pictured: Ermias]

[Pictured: Ermias]

Shawn Carter. But most call me Jay if they know me really well. I'm 21, a junior in college and honestly I never saw myself getting this far after graduating from Brooklyn High. I been through a lot of shit at the young age. I lost my Mom to cancer before I started my freshman year of high school and never even built a relationship with my father before he passed. I knew him though.

Now I'm left with my two little brothers, Grant and Malik, and my older sister, Driana, who I gotta take care of like my own. Thankfully, we live with our Uncle Dennis, our Dad's youngest brother. He's not any better considering all he does is drink when he's home, but it's better than us have no guardian to get us through school.

I'm a Brooklyn native. Born and raised.

Everybody knows me and my hood. I ain't never had it good, but you better believe I be walking around the school like I'm the richest nigga in the building. New J's. I got them. Nice jewelry. I got it. Beautiful bitches with good pussy. I hit it. It's just that easy.

After class, I was the last one out the room per usual. I don't be in no rush. Niggas that need me know to be patience.

"Aye Jay." Ermias called from the water fountain. "Come here real quick, bro!"

I approached him, "Wassup?"

"You going to the party tonight?"

"Which one? It's like five them bitches popping off tonight." I replied. "Which one you talking bout?"