32

Shawn Carter,

Meek, Ermias and I sat at Game's beautiful Calabasas home. It was literally the most beautiful shit you've ever seen and the crazy part is this was just one of the houses he owned out here. I exhale smoke from my Cuban cigar. This is definitely where I'm trying to be in the next couple years.

"This shit here is nice, man." I complimented him.

"I know, right?" Game said. "This was supposed to be us together, man. I mean damn. I'm in LA cribs and Lambos and shit legally. What happened?"

"My daughter is what happened."

"Oh yeah. That's understandable." He said. "I forgot."

"I had to stay away from the drug dealing shit and get me a real job." I said. "I'd rather be broke with my daughter then be in jail and not be able to see her. She's growing and about to be in school. I don't wanna miss that shit for the world."

"I feel you, man. I do." He nodded. "I heard her Mama moving back here, though. You moving too?"

"Yeah, I don't know yet." I sighed at how quickly she was letting that information spread. "Me and Dria been thinking about moving here, but it's not really affordable at the moment. I'm tryna start my business, but that's gonna take some time for sure."

"Yeah, I understand. I told you I got you though." He said. "You really been like brother to me, Shawn and when your Mama took me in before she passed, I've been forever grateful. There's not a day I don't think about her and everything y'all did for me. The least I could do it give that same type of hospitality back. So if you need a place to stay until you can get rolling, you can move in here. I don't stay in Calabasas no more. You can stay here rent free and to make even better, I'll throw in a Lamborghini for you ride around here."

"Nigga, stop! You ain't doing that shit." I shook my head. "My Mama ain't do that much for you to do all that in return."

"But she did. You just don't know about it." He said. "And I plan to keep it that way. I ain't got no kids yet, but I see how much you love your daughter. A lot of niggas would've been a deadbeat and chased the money. You didn't, man. You're an inspiration to all us niggas that may have kids one day. It's the least I can do. If you feeling pressured, I'll give you a set date to getcha shit out come time to leave. Maybe that'll make you work harder."

We busted out laughing.

I didn't really know what to say to his offer. Lord knows I'm tired of other people having to handle me and my family financially, but I just need a little bit of time. I don't wanna miss my daughter's biggest moments of her life.

I sighed, "Let me talk to Dria and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I think I can take you up on the offer though. I wanna be here for sure."

"Aight, come inside. I'll give you a tour."

"Aight, bet."

——

"Where did the boys go?" I asked Lauren and Nicki.

"I don't know. They said they were hanging out today." Lauren said. "They didn't go into detail and I didn't ask."

"Well, they could text and check in."

"They're alright! Ermias is from here. He's probably showing them around." She said.

The three of us were enjoying some relaxation time around the pool with Dria, who was doing some work on her laptop. I, on the other hand, we was on full Auntie duties with Bentley and I was loving every moment of it.