34

Beyoncé Knowles,

I walked downstairs to see the most beautiful thing ever.

My mother holding Bentley while bouncing him around as he squealed and laughed. He's literally almost a month and a half and he's more alert than ever.

"Morning Mom." I smiled.

"Morning baby girl."

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm babysitting." She said.

"I see that." I grinned, taking a seat at the counter. "How is he?"

"He's great. Say we just ate and now it's naptime."

My Mom was really kissing all over him like he was her own grandchild. It was literally the most beautiful thing ever. The bond she's been able to build with not only Dria, but Shawn as well has been the so amazing to watch.

"Alright, come on."

She went to go sit the recliner, where she laid him on her chest and threw the blanket over his legs. He was out like a light ten minutes later.

The front door opened, Dria came in with grocery bags and a couple shopping bags.

"Hello." She spoke. "How are y'all?"

"Good." We replied.

"That's great. He sleep?" She asked.

"Just went." Mama told her.

"He drank all this?" She held up his empty bottle.

"Sure did." She said. "He's growing."

"I know it ." She grinned. "Was he okay while I was gone?"

"Yeah. He was perfect." She said before kissing his head.

"Dria, I'm sorry, but she's gonna have him spoiled by the time he turns a year. It doesn't matter how close me and Shawn are by then. We could be broken up, but she's still gone find a way to get her hands on him. Do you see how she's kissing him?"

We laughed.

"Girl, I'm not complaining a bit. To have some emotional and physical support right now is a blessing. I can't thank you all enough for the roof over our heads and groceries and everything. Shawn and I are truly working on getting out of here, but we can't thank you enough." She said.

"You're so welcome."

"Yeah." Mama added. "I'm enjoying this. It's almost time for me to be a grandma. I'll take this head start."

We laughed.

"But no really. I swore up and down I would never have a child after our mother died. It's just been hard not having parents to kinda guide you in the right direction. I just never thought I'd ever financially be able to have a kid. That's just how rough it is growing up in those parts of New York. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. I'm just glad it was Shawn before me considering Shai's mother is financially stable for a child and he just simply goes to see her."

"Right." We nodded.

"Did your mother know about Shawn having a baby before she passed?"

"You mean Shai?" She asked. "Yeah, Lori actually called her and told her she was pregnant like a week before she passed and Mama left him a note saying he better take care of that damn that baby. She should've pulled out."

We laughed.

"I mean if you know Shawn, he's gonna take care of responsibilities. He definitely changed in a good way when she passed. He's always been very paternal after everything that has happened with his father. I know he's even better now that he has a job to start providing again."