43

Beyoncé Knowles,

Another sunny day, another wonderful morning of Mama having the most wonderful time of her life with Bentley in the kitchen. I grinned watching him trying to eat solid, baby food. He had carrots and applesauce all over his mouth.

I told you this was how it was going to be no matter how close Shawn and I got. She just absolutely adores him.

"Hey Bent." I smiled. "You eating big boy food? Huh?"

He banged on the top of his big chair to beg for more.

"Here." Mama said putting another spoonful in his mouth. "Hey, baby girl, how are you?"

"I'm good, Mama. How are you?"

"I'm great. What are you up to today?"

"I am actually meeting up with the crew. The only thing is they think they're meeting to talk to me individually, but we are really all meeting at the same place so we can settle our differences and make amends cause I can't do this anymore."

"Oh, well that sounds like a good idea." She said. "What is going on? Something with you?"

"I think I've done all my apologizing. I just don't like going out with two of them when it's usually like six of us together. I want my friends back". I said. "It's like Lauren has something going on with Ermias. Shawn did have something going on with Lauren but I don't know if he's apologized and then everything with me and him. I don't know. I just want us all to sit down, be honest with each other and just go back to the way things we're before."

"Yeah. Well, I think that's great. What is your plan?"

"I just texted everyone individually and told them to meet me for dinner at Canoli's. I called and made a private reservation for 8 o'clock tonight."

"And who is everyone?" She asked.

"Lauren, Ermias, Nicki, Meek, and Shawn."

"Ok." She nodded. "Are you and Shawn on good terms after the meet up the other day?"

"Yeah, we're friends." I simply said.

"Friends are better than enemies." She said. "I'm happy you both are still close."

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged.

Lately, Shawn and I have texted back and forth a little. Nothing too crazy. I don't want to get him spoiled to the point where it feels like we're in a relationship again. I just really want to be friends. His only relationship needs to be his kids if he's trying to be with me in the future. I'm not knocking the chances.

I can't lie. I miss him. I miss being around him. Seeing him tonight is really going to make me happy.

——