41

Shawn Carter,

"You not gonna get something?" Lauren asked.

She wanted me to meet her at this little cafe diner. I wanted to do anything to apologize to her in private.

"Nah, I just ate before I came over here." I told. "Ain't really interested in muffins and coffee. Sorry."

She laughed.

"You don't look like it. It's fine." She said. "So what's up?"

"I just wanted to meet up with you and really apologize what happened the other night when I busted in the house." I sighed deeply. "I have no excuse for my actions. I'm not using my past. I'm not using my mental. I'm not using any of that. All that was me and I take full responsibility for it. I just want you to know that I'm deeply and truly sorry for what I did to you and said to Nip about us two."

She began to nod.

"I appreciate the apology." She said. "Um..I was wrong to tell her, but like I was telling you, she had already seen it on a old friend's story. Then she just started making assumptions and calling Nicki and I. That's why we kinda interrogated you when we went dinner the night before."

"Yeah, understandable."

"I just feel like there was wrong on both parts and they're needed to be some owning up to it all at some point, so I really appreciate your apology. I want to apologize as well for telling her when you told me not to."

"Apology accepted. I appreciate it," I told her. "So you here by yourself?"

"Yeah." She nodded.

"You here cause we were talking or cause you just wanna be here alone?"

"I've been here just about all day, so the last part."

"Why? You good?"

She sighed deeply, nodding her head. "I will be."

"You aight? What's wrong?"

She dropped her head, then a tear fell down her face. I moved my chair closer to her so I could caress her waist. She sniffed.

"What's wrong?" I stood her to her feet. "Come here."

I hugged her tightly as she tried her best to keep herself from balling out in tears. She then sighed, wiped her face.

"You alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's just a lot going on at home with me and my parents and this thing with Ermias. I'm fine though. Thank yo-."

"AYE, MAN." We heard, it was Ermias eyeing us down from the entrance of the building.

I noticed how close Lauren and I was in space. Neither of us really moved back once she's fixed herself up. Not to mention my hand was still on her lower back side.

"Aye man, it's not what it looks like, man." I said. "It was just comforting her cause she was crying. That's it."

"Get away from her." He said.

Instead of retaliating, I simply did what he said.

"Leave." He said.

I nodded, then left as well.

I was kind of worried about Lauren. Once I got in the car, I texted Beyoncé to briefly tell her what was happening and that she needed to call Lauren as soon as possible.

I made it back to the house Lori's sisters brought Shai back.

I used the key to get inside. Lori was sitting on the sofa wrapped in her her Louis Vuitton robe watching TV.