31

Beyoncé Knowles,

I woke up to a shocking thing at about four in the morning.

I didn't find Shawn anywhere after the party even though the two of us got in the bed at the same time. I was completely knocked, but apparently hadn't been sleeping long since I had woken up that soon. He was nowhere to be found.

I had gotten up to find him downstairs at my father's computer typing away. I didn't bother him, but I was concerned and definitely wanted to ask him what he was doing.

"Hey baby!" I spoke as he came in the front door of the house.

"Hello!" He spoke, kissing my neck. "Good morning!"

"Morning." I mumbled sipping my hot chocolate.

I kissed his lips, then poured him a glass even though it was probably over 100 degrees outside. He had no problem drinking it though.

"Where have you been?"

"Went to see Dria and the baby."

"How are they?"

"Great! I got Lori to bring Shai. She was shocked to see me out of jail." He laughed. "Surprise, bitch."

I busted out laughing, "Stop!"

"I'm for real."

He wrapped his arms around me.

"You smell really good."

"Thank you! You look really good." He replied.

"Thank you, baby." I told him, turning towards him.

I hopped on the counter, where he then stood on between my legs to caress my thighs.

"Did Lori say anything to you?"

"Nah. I didn't speak to her." He said.

"So what are you thinking?" I asked.

He sighed heavily while shaking his head. "I don't know what I'mma do, but life right now is just making me wanna try my best to start a business and make my own money to take care of my family."

I nodded.

"I just don't know how I'mma make it without seeing my daughter every day. I already know I won't be able to function. I can barely go a couple days without feeling the need to pop up on her. And then she's starting real school. I don't wanna miss that shit. She gone be ten and then eighteen before I know it. I wanna be there through every big moment and milestones of her life."

"I understand you, baby. You're gonna be completely fine and you're gonna be able to do that. You just gotta have a little bit of patience along with some sanity. Right now, you're working on both."

He chuckled.

"I'm serious." I giggled. "Only you can control how much money you bring in to support your family. You gotta start somewhere and I know you're on the right path. With just a little more guidance, you'll be straight. What'd you say you want your business to be again?"

"I'm good at cleaning and I feel like a cleaning service would be nice to have for anybody, any place."

"Yeah, absolutely." I nodded. "We don't keep this house clean when we go to different places. You'd definitely make a killing here in LA, especially with as many millionaires that come and go from their homes every day."

He nodded. "It's gonna work out regardless."

"You're right! Is that what you were doing early this morning down here at the computer?"