5

Shawn Carter,

I checked the time.

10:32 PM

I had been at the Rose Hill Towers since 7 AM in the morning. It's been a fucking tiresome day. I hate this job only because I have to leave here late and get up in the morning for my 8 AM class.

Bullshit, honestly.

They're low on cleaning staff here. The work is getting to be so much, people are quitting left and right, which only puts more on the ones that stay. I never understood why they need so much cleaning done for these five-star condos and hotels, but with the amount of the celebrities and rich people that come here weekly, you gotta get what you pay for. Sanitation is one.

"Shawn," I heard.

I popped open my Red Bull, then looked up to see my buddy and co-worker, Derek. He been working here for about as long as have. Maybe about a month less.

[Derek Waters // 23 //Shawn's Co-Worker]

"Wassup?"

"I'm finna go, but Ben wanna talk to us real quick." He pointed behind him.

"Now?"

"Yeah."

I followed him up to his room. Benjamin is the head of this condo building. He's a cool guy. He's the one that oversees us and gives us extra money from his checks sometimes.

"Hey Shawn." He said. "Derek. Have a seat."

We did.

"I know y'all haven't eaten so I ordered y'all some pizza and couple soda. Grab a box and go for it." He said walking into the bathroom.

He ain't have to tell me twice. The two us ate like we hadn't ate in days. That's really what I felt like after being on our feet all day.

Ben came back out drying his hands off.

"So I know I do this often, but I have to talk some business with you both really quick." He said. "Um...it's probably not the news you both wanna hear going home after a long day, but at least you'll have a full stomach."

I had every scenario running through my head.

"What? We getting laid off or sum?" Derek asked.

"Not quite." He said. "Basically, Mr. Richardson, the owner of the buildings and business you clean for, is selling the business to another millionaire. From my understanding, they've been making some last minute decisions for the past two months. The guy buying it should be coming to meet everyone in the next couple days. I don't know the specific date, but I will let you know via text or email. I understand that it supposed to be a formal meeting, so if you boys wanna keep your job, I suggest you come in your best clothes. If there's an itinerary on the meeting that includes the dress code, I'll send that as well. It will more and likely be like a host dinner at some fancy restaurant. Like I said, I'll try to tell you everything you need to know."