33

Shawn Carter,

I watched Beyoncé and Shai come running towards me from the beach. We've literally been here since 10 AM this morning and they've been having the time of their lives.

"Daddy, can we go to the Ferris Wheel now?" She asked.

"Yeah, we can." I said packing the things up. "Baby, you down with that?"

"Yeah, sure," She said sliding her coverup on.

"Aight." I said. "Come on!"

"Daddy, I'm so excited." She grinned grabbing my head.

"Just a little bit excited or a lot excited?"

"A lot excited."

"Me too." I smiled.

I walked hand in hand with both my girls until we got in line for the Ferris Wheel. You woulda thought Shai had to pee with the way she was jumping up and down to happily.

"Hey baby, check your phone." Beyoncé tapped me.

I looked down to see it was ringing, completely forgetting I put it on silent. The number was LA based so I'm guessing this was the person I was supposed to be receiving a call from.

"I'll take her on and then y'all can hop after the call." Grant said.

"Thank you, Grant. I really wanna be with him for this." She told him.

"No problem. Come on." He said helping her in, then buckling her up.

"Daddy will be on with you a minute, okay?"

"Kay." She waved. "Bye, Daddy."

"Bye, beautiful."

I pressed answer, then walked off to somewhere quieter with Beyoncé following behind me.

"Hello." I answered.

"Hi, is this Shawn Carter?"

"It is. May I ask who this is?"

"Sure. This is Donavan Johnson. I own a cleaning service in California, Houston and New York. I heard you were looking for a job in the Cali area so you could be around you baby girl."

"Excuse me? How'd you figure that?"

"A little birdy told me. Don't worry about all that, though." He chuckled, I looked back at Beyoncé grinned. "I'm good friends with Beyoncé and her family. You know her right?"

I chuckled, "Yeah, that's my girl."

"I thought so. Well, she's told me about your situation and with everything her family helped me do, I feel like I could at least help her out and help you. I'm an older guy, but I've been in the same situation with my ex-wife and trying to be there for my kids. I just wanted to be the best father I could be." He said. "All of my employees are young guys that have been in legal troubles, such as late child support payments, selling drugs, etc. My goal is to keep you boys off the streets and handling your business. The thing about me and my business is that I don't have a set amount to I pay you. We'll come sit down face to face, chat a little bit and we'll talk numbers for what you plan on using the money for as far as helping yourself or your family. Then we'll sign a contract and everything is good to go. Sound good?"