20

Beyoncé Knowles,

Solange had gotten in the back so Dria could get in the front. I locked the door once both were in. It was going on 2 AM by the time I had finally looked at the clock. I live a good 45 minutes away from here so she had been waiting a good while.

"Sorry for being so late."

"No, you're completely fine." She said. "What's going on?"

"Uh...everything." I told her. "I'm not sure exactly but if you follow Lori's page you can see what he did. I'm not sure why he was in such a fix, but the video showed him in Lori's face and him throwing one of the girl's phones at the wall. He was clearly upset about something. I remember her saying something about he brought Shai to her hungry or something, I don't know. It was just a shitshow that caused her to feel like she needed to call the cops."

"So he's been arrested?"

"Yeah, they came to my house a little over an hour ago to take him in. That's when he told me he had to pick you up. Now I'm here."

She began to shake her head, "You've gotta be fucking kidding me." She mumbled. "That is so ridiculous of him."

"I kept asking him what was going on, but he wouldn't go into detail. He just said he had a bad day." I said. "Do you know what is going on? Can I help you all with anything?"

She released a shaky sigh, "I don't know, Bey. We're in a bad financial situation right now and I just know the reason he's been so out of it lately is because he's used to providing for his us and doing the work while still having some money in his pocket. It's between me and him to figure out how to keep the lights and water running plus our cars paid and I've been having to do most, if not all, of it everything since he's been fired. He's letting his emotions get the best of him and I'm sure he's seeing how that can lead to bullshit like getting himself arrested."

I nodded.

"I'm really sorry that you both are going through what you're going through, but I'm willing to help if you need it. Anything specific at the moment?"

"No, everything's paid for the month. I just gotta get through this last week of work and then I'll be on maternity leave." She said.

"And what about Shawn?"

"I don't know." She said. "If he has a expensive bail or any type of bail at all, he's gonna have to stay for a while cause I have no money at the moment. Not for that anyway. I'm not blaming him cause I know how crazy Lori can get, but I'm not gonna run to his rescue only because I see the evidence of him doing it. There's been times where I haven't believed some of the BS her and her parents liked to pull against him in the past, but he's gotta learn to keep his emotions intact."

"Right!" I nodded. "I don't blame you at all and with him being arrested in front of me and my parents, that didn't help my cause for trying to save him. So we'll see how it all turns out in a couple hours. We should have something by 8ish, I would hope."

"Yeah."

"Where am I taking you?" I asked pulling out the parking lot.

"Uh I'm kinda hungry, but I know it's not many options open." She said.

"Let's see! Waffle House is open. I know McDonalds on this side of town is open 24 hours."

"Uh Waffle House is good. I could eat me a waffle right now."

"Okay!" I said.

After picking up her food, we headed towards her house.

"Can you put your address in my phone?" I asked.