11

Shawn Carter,

"I would never know. I blocked her number and IG page." I shrugged, taking a seat on the sofa. "So...you wanted to talk to me about something?"

"Yeah," She nodded.

"You stayed up this late to talk to me?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, cause the topic is pretty important to me." She said crossing her legs. "I just need you to hear me out first."

"What?" I locked my phone. "I'm listening. I'm all ears."

....

"Well, you know how much of a friend Beyoncé is to me and she knows that too, but...I just feel like it wouldn't be right for you to be around her as much as you've been."

I stare at for like ten seconds.

"Why is that?"

"Because I feel like if things don't work out, that puts a strain on not only our relationship because we have a daughter that loves her, but me and Bey's, considering I was with you at one point in your life as well. She doesn't deserve that 'quick fuck' shit you're always on."

"I'm not on no 'quick fuck' shit with her. We just been hanging and every time we chill, it's always something to look forward to. I ain't had sex with no other females since I met her. We've gotten closer. We go out to eat and we just be vibing. I really think we might be something more here real soon. I love being around her."

Lori was silent.

"I don't know why you feel the way you feel, but she's different and I feel like she's changing me a little bit." I shrugged. "She's changing me for the better."

"Yeah, I don't think so." She shook her head.

"Don't think so what?"

"I doubt she's changing you for the better. You're literally gonna fuck and duck her cause that's what you fucking do, but go the fuck off, Shawn." She spat. "I can't stand your ignorant ass."

I chuckled, "What's the real fucking issue, Lori? Why you so jealous? That's your friend, but she don't talk about you much. Why you acting so jealous that she's with me? Why are you really upset?"

She shook her head with tears filled in her eyes.

"What is it? Why you don't want me around her?"

"Shawn," A huge tear dropped into her lap. "You know why we broke up. It was more than us rushing into a relationship because we had a child together. You know I loved you with everything in me, but you were the one who wanted to call it quits. I just said yes because I was going through my own personal issues. You wanted to be parents to Shai and that's it. I wanted us to be parents that were together raising our family, engaged, married. You didn't see that Shawn. And you still don't see it."

We sat in the silence of her sniffs.

"So in other words, you still have feelings for me?" I asked.

"Yes!" She admitted. "I hate seeing you walk around and gloat about how many females you fucked. You would be so much attractive if you'd learn to settle down with a female that's gonna love you just as much as you love them."