25

Shawn Carter,

I sat in the waiting room off the hospital watching my phone and Instagram timeline blow up with text messages and direct messages along with tags of people calling me out about what happened with me and Lori's mother earlier. Of course Lori found out and she hasn't stopped blowing up my phone ever since.

It was either her mother or Shai that told her. More than likely, Shai.

I've been waiting on news about my uncle for the passed three hours. I haven't contacted anyone because he may be okay, but if things go bad, I don't want Grant here to witness and I don't want Dria to get here and something happens with her and baby.

"Excuse me?" I asked the lady at the front desk. "I've been here for over three hours with my uncle. Can you tell me if he's gonna be okay?"

"Sir, just have a seat. The doctor should be out in a few."

I sighed, sitting back down just for Dria to come rushing out the elevator with Grant. I immediately stood up to calm them down.

"What is going on?" She asked.

"Just chill, okay? Sit down." I told her, she did as she was told but didn't take her eyes off me.  "How'd you know we were here?"

"The neighbors." She said. "What happened?"

"I don't know." I said softly. "I walked in the house and he was slumped over in the recliner. I thought he was dead so I called the paramedics. They told me he had a light pulse so they brought him here. I been here for three hours and no one has came to tell me anything yet."

"Why didn't you call me?"

"Cause I didn't know how bad it was gonna be. I was tryna wait until somebody came out here with some news. I didn't think it would take this long." I told her.

"You should've called me." She said.

I shook my head.

"Have you seen the bullshit you started on Instagram?" She asked.

"I ain't started no bullshit on Instagram. I'mma grown ass man and I don't take shit to the internet like y'all girls do. They wanna speak face to face, then they can find me. That's exactly what I posted on my story and texted to everyone messaging me." I said.

"I really cannot even deal with this bullshit anymore today. I'm so tired and overwhelmed. I just wanna lay down and go to sleep." She begged.

"I told you you could go home." I said.

"Shut up." She mumbled.

I shrugged it off.

It wasn't long before Lori came storming out the elevator with her clique of friends. I immediately stood up to approach her as she got all in my face.

"I swear to God I'm calling the fucking cops on you."

"I told you where I was at. What the fuck you waiting on?" I chuckled.

"Nah, I drove a hour just to come and fucking speak to your ignorant ass. Don't ever put your fucking hands on my mother again. I swear to fucking God I will kill you, Shawn."

"Be careful what you say." I smirked,

"Shawn." She started. "Yo-,"

The doctor came from down the hallway. I immediately walked around Lori to approach her as she did me. I then felt Dria and Grant behind me.

Before he could say anything, Lori's family was coming out off the elevator. Then Mr. Harvey rushed me, slamming my body against the wall.