16

Beyoncé Knowles,

I approached Lori, who was patiently waiting for me on the chairs by the pool. Luckily it was no one really around. Maybe four or five people, which was a lot less than who's usually out. Those few people didn't include Nicki, Lauren and Meg, who were somewhere nearby eavesdropping I'm sure.

"Hey," I spoke, taking a seat.

"Hey." She said softly. "Um...glad we could talk."

"Yeah, me too." I said. "What's up?"

She shrugged, "I don't know where to start."

"Before you do, is it about me and Shawn?" I asked her.

"Yeah, it is." She mumbled.

"Okay, continue,"

"Um...from my understanding, y'all are together, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, we'd been talking for a while before we posted that we were together." I told him.

"Okay, um," She paused. "I don't really know how to tell you this, but....I feel like it would've been nice on your part to tell me that you were interested and talking to my ex-boyfriend who is also the father of my child."

The two of us exchanged looks for what felt like a year. I didn't know what to reply.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Because as a friend, it's the right thing to do. It's girl code." She said. "Shawn has really meant a lot to me even before I got pregnant with Shai. He has always had a special place in my heart and I'll do anything for him. I know we never close enough for me to introduce you to him, but....I know. I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that I still have feelings for him."

Again, I didn't know what to say.

"I mean..." I started. "I don't really know what to tell you because we've talked about y'all and the relationship you two had when y'all were dating. He was telling me how you're the first one he had ever committed to, but things just work out. He speaks very highly of you, but I just feel like he doesn't have those same feelings you have for him anymore."

"I'm pretty sure he does." She nodded.

"Okay." I simply said.

"We've been friends for so long. I never would've thought something like this would jeopardize it." She said.

"Our friendship won't be jeopardized by this if you don't let it." I laughed. "It's not like y'all were in a relationship when we started talking. Things just went with the flow and we became close. I never knew he would want to be committed only because of his past with women who he's just ran through."

"It's not about us not being in a relationship. It's the fact that you knew we had been together and we both have a child together. We're friends and when one friend is feeling a person the other friend has had a relationship with, let alone had a child with, that needs to be verbalized. That's why I'm fucking upset. It's bullshit and you fucking know it, Beyoncé. You could've at least talked to me."

"Would it have been beneficial cause you're still cussing and carrying on. I mean at the end of the day you would still have an issue with it cause you still have feelings for him. Are we done here?" I asked.

"You know what, Beyoncé?" She laughed. "I'm not even shocked at this bullshit. You've always been the type to think you had it all and can have it all just because your father is filthy rich. I respected you in every way possible, but I see how you turn on the people that was by your side through everything since the day we met. You've been in New York for how long? And how many times have you asked me to go out with you like you do Lauren and Nicki? Are we really friends like that anymore? Are we? Are you that much of a fucking ignorant bitch? You don't give a fuck about anybody cause you got it all together, right?"