9

Shawn Carter,

I knocked on Lori's apartment door.

Sadly, it wouldn't be opening up to my baby girl cause she is sick today. Her Mom called me early this morning and told me she was running a high fever and throwing up, so she took her to the ER. I had to make the drive, but by the time I got here, they had sent her home with some antibiotics.

Marjorie opened the door. "Hey Shawn!" She whispered.

"Hey Mrs. Harvey, how are you?"

"I'm good, come on in."

I stepped inside and closed the door behind me. None of her other family was there, thank God.

"How is she?"

"She's better. Still a little bit irritable, but she better."

I nodded, following her into her mother's bedroom, where I lied cause her father and siblings were in the room. I rolled my eyes in my head, not even looking in their direction.

"Hey, how y'all doing?" I spoke.

"Good," They replied.

"DADDY!" Shai yelled with her arms outreached.

"Hey baby." I grabbed her and kissed her cheek. "How are you?"

"I'm really sick." She whined.

"You're really sick?" I walked out the room cause I didn't want to be in the presence of any of them. "Why are you really sick?"

"I don't know." She shrugged.

I sat in the room and held her close as she balled up in my lap. She grabbed her princess blanket for off the back of the sofa and covered herself up. I kissed her forehead, "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

The two of us started playing with Snapchat filters. I saved the videos we took and posted one on my Instagram story. As soon as it upload, I saw Beyoncé had posted one of the pictures I took of her last night. It was uploaded 48 minutes ago.

Liked by laurenlondon, nickiminaj and 1,023,987 othersbeyonce Your favorite

beyonce Your favorite. 😌🤞🏽
View all 3,098 comments
laurenlondon 😍😍😍😍
nickiminaj Period Mama! 🙌🏾

"THAT'S BEY!" Shai pointed.

I chuckled, "Yeah, that is Bey."

"Do you still talk to her, Daddy?"

"Yeah, I do." I said. "Why?"

"Let's call her."

I busted out laughing. I don't know why that comment made me laugh so hard. It was kinda unexpected.

"Why you wanna call her?"

"Because I wanna see her." She said.

"She might be busy though."