42

Shawn Carter,

I sat in the living room holding Shai in my arms still trying to make sense of what really just happened a while ago. She left everybody in that room speechless including me. That was the last thing I expected her to say.

Marjorie was the first one that said something to Shai. Everyone else was still lost. Lori has stormed out and everyone followed except me. I came straight to this sofa until Shai came about ten minutes later.

"Daddy, I didn't mean to make my Mommy cry." She whined.

"Shhhh. It's okay." I told her. "You'll have to apologize to her cause that wasn't really nice to say out loud, okay?"

"Okay."

Lori and her family came to join the two of us in the living room. I watched Lori wipe her face again with the tissue in hand.

"Mommy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." Shai said. "I'm really sorry."

She sniffed.

"Who told you to say that, Shai? Huh?" She asked. "Shawn did tell her to say that shit?"

"No, why would I tell her to say that. Don't start with me Lori." I said. "You know she says what's on her mind."

She rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

"Shai, why don't you want Mommy to have a baby?" Marjorie said.

"I do. I just thought my Daddy was with BB and stuff. If he's with Bey, how could my Mommy's baby be his? So I just didn't know they weren't together."

We laughed at her unclear but funny explanation.

"Well, I don't think Daddy is with BB anymore. You mustn't say things that could hurt peoples feelings, especially when it comes to people having babies, okay? That wasn't nice."

"Okay. I'm sorry Mommy."

"It's okay." Lori said.

I didn't have much to say. All I knew is I needed to tell Beyoncé what she said like ASAP. I want to see and hear her reaction cause that was the last thing I thought Shai's reaction would have been.

Lori was so upset that she went to bed early. Her family had left leaving Shai and I there to watch TV. The doorbell rang. It was Dria with Bentley laying on her shoulder under a blanket.

"Hey." I spoke, hugging her.

"Wassup?"

"Nothing much." I said closing the door. "He sleep?"

"He was when I got him out. He may be awake."

I moved the blanket. His eyes was closed but I wasn't convinced he was sleep yet.

"Aye boy." I shook him. "Wake up!"

"Why are you always bothering him?" She asked while sitting down.

"Cause he need to wake up." I said. "Give him here."

She handed him to me.