19

Shawn Carter,

I watched her go inside the restaurant. I just shook my head cause we really going through it right now as family. Money wise and relationship wise. I just feel like we're slowly falling apart as the days go on.

"Daddy, can we go to Bey's new house?"

"I gotta get you back to your Mama's house, baby girl." I said to her. "I'll bring you back some other time, okay?"

"Okay? Tomorrow?"

"I don't know about tomorrow but soon."

"Kay!"

I arrived at Lori's apartment and for some reason, all the parking spots in front of hers were all taken. Somebody on her side of the building had company over and I wouldn't be surprised if it was her.

The ride was long so Shai was asleep by the time we arrived. I went around and grabbed her, throwing her over my shoulder. I then grabbed her Dora The Explorer backpack and shoes off the floor.

I went up to her floor and knocked on the door. It wasn't long before Tori opened the door.

"Hey Daddy." She looked me up and down.

"Chill Tori, move." I told me.

"Damn, my bad." She opened the door wider.

Lori had a living room full of her bougie, rich female friends.

"She asleep?" I heard Lori ask from the kitchen.

"Yeah." I said never looking into her direction. "Baby girl!"

She lifted her head and looked around. I put her down for her to run over to Lori and hug her legs.

"Hi baby. Did you have fun with TT and Daddy?"

"Mhmm. My TT got a big baby in her belly." She said.

They laughed, I scratched my chin.

"I heard. Are you excited about becoming a big cousin?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "Mommy, I'm hungry."

"Do what?" Her expression completely changed. "Daddy didn't feed you? You didn't feed her, Shawn?"

"She was with Dria all day. I was handling some other things before I picked her up. She didn't say anything about being hungry like she always does."

"Cause you were mad, Daddy." She whined. "I didn't want you to yell at me like you were yelling at my TT."

I blew a huge puff of air out my mouth, "Shai!" I said sternly. "What did Daddy tell you in the car? Didn't I tell you wasn't mad".

She just buried her face in her mother's stomach.

"I don't care about who was yelling in the car or whatever. Did you feed her or not?"

"No, I did not feed her."

"Did you offer her something to eat?"