53

Shawn Carter,

"Okay, this is it." Lori said as we approached Shai's classroom door.

Let me tell you. A nigga been nervous all damn morning and my baby girl has been too. She's so talkative at home, but she hasn't said a word since we got in the car. The three of us rode together in Lori's truck so we could send her off like parents do.

Lori's family along with Dria and the boys came as well

It's been really hard for me to face the fact that she's starting school today.

"Hi, I'm Mrs. Hope. What's your name?"

"Shai Carter." She spoke softly.

"Nice to meet you, Shai. I'm gonna be your teacher for the year. You wanna come on in and find the seat with your name on it?"

She nodded shyly.

"Okay, tell Mommy and Daddy bye bye before you go. Tell them you'll see them in a couple of hours." She smiled.

She tired around and hugged me tightly. I picked her up and buried my face in her neck. I was legit crying. I wasn't even gone lie. I wasn't ashamed off of it either. She always gone be my baby girl til the day she turns eighteen.

"Daddy, don't cry." She smiled. "I'm gonna be okay. I'll see you afterwards, okay?"

Everybody awwed loudly.

I nodded, wiping my tears before they fell.

"You have a great day, okay?"

"Okay."

"Gimmie kiss."

She pecked my lips twice. Then I put her down and let her hug her Mama and the rest. She then walked in the room like the big girl I knew she was. Lori was fanning her face, wiping her tears before they fell.

"Alright, come on big baby." Dria smiled. "She'll be fine."

They laughed, heading towards the exit. I followed behind. Once we got outside, I headed towards my car that Grant drove for me.

"So I'm guessing we'll see you when it's time to pick her up?" Lori asked.

"Yeah, I'll be here. Text me and let me know the appointment goes." I told her.

"You still haven't told me what you had planned to do today that you can come to the appointment." She said.

I sighed deeply, "Lori, any time I'm around you, you act like you can't stand my ass so why you worried about me not coming to the appointment like I'm finna run out on my daughters. I'm doing some thing with Dria that is going to help me. I cannot make the appointment cause we have an appointment. I'm here doing everything I can to provide for me and family, including my daughter. Why you can't see that shit?"

"Goodbye, Shawn." She mumbled rolling the window up.

I shook my head getting in my car with Malik and Grant.

I happened to make eye contact with Larena, who was giving me a cold, hard smirk. I knew she heard the conversation between Beyoncé and I. I wasn't worried about it. I got family business to take care of.

——

"Oh, that's game. THAT'S GAME!" Malik screamed from the living room. "YESSIRRRRRRR!"

Him and Grant have been playing 2K ever since we got back.

Dria and I have been in the kitchen just talking something over about what's coming up for the two of us.