22

Shawn Carter,

"DADDY, IT'S SO MUCH WATER THERE." Shai yelled through my FaceTime call.

Beyoncé arrived in The Maldives last night. Today is her birthday so I've searched up a couple places to go later, but first I'm gonna make her some breakfast while I talk to Shai.

"I know. It's lots of water." I told her. "How have you been?"

"Good. How have you been?" She asked.

I laughed, "I'm good, baby girl."

"Are you still depressing?" She asked.

Lori and the people she was with busted out laughing, along with myself. It was funny and very unexpected to hear her asked that. She learns so much just by being in the room with people.

"No, Daddy's okay." I told her. "I'm okay!"

"My mommy told me you were sick."

"Yeah, a little bit, but Daddy's better."

"You had a cold?" She asked.

"No, Daddy was just wasn't feeling good and his medicine wasn't working. So he had to go to the doctor again." I told her.

"Oh!" She said. "Daddy, what are you doing?"

"I'm chopping fruit."

"Chopping fruit? Why?"

"Cause it's Bey's birthday and I'm making her breakfast." I told her while throwing two handfuls of pineapple into a bowl.

"Fruit isn't breakfast, Daddy."

I laughed. "I'm making her waffles too, look!" I showed her one of them I had already tested on the maker. "What that look like?"

"Heart-shaped wafflesssss." She screamed.

"Yeah, you think she'll like them?"

"Mhmm. Daddy, when you come back can we make the animals pancakes again?" She asked.

"Yeah. Let's do it." I told her.

"Yayyyy!" She grinned. "Daddy, I miss you."

"I miss you too." I told her. "Hey listen, let me talk to your Mama."

"Okay!" She handed the iPad to her mother.

"Hey!" She answered.

"Hey, she gone?"

"Yeah, she ran off. What?" She mumbled.

"What's wrong witchu?" I asked.

"What?"

"Why you gotta attitude?" I asked.

"Shawn, what the hell do you want?" She asked. "I don't care about y'all and what y'all are doing. You were supposed to talk to your daughter and that's it."

"Damn, I just wanted to talk to you about her birthday coming up cause I had idea come to mind late last night. I thought it would be fun." I told her.

"Okay, well can we talk about it when you get back face to face cause I could care less over the phone?" She said. "Honestly!"

"Bye Lori!"

I hugged up the phone and tossed it on the counter. I didn't stress her one bit cause I wanted my baby to have a good birthday. After finishing up the fruit and setting up the plates, I grabbed the tray and headed into our bedroom to see her still asleep.

"Baby." I called.

She began to wake up.

"Baby, wake up. I made you breakfast."