Chapter VI

Rosé's POV

Malungkot na nagkatinginan sina Ms. Son at ang principal.

The principal sighed, "I'm giving you some time to think about this offer again, Ms. Manoban. You still have time to think about this. As what Ms. Son said a while ago, this is your dream. Don't waste it again."

I softly nodded my head and put a small smile on my face. "Thank you, Ma'am."

"You deserve this, Rosé. Think about this again." Ms. Son said as she give me a sad smile.

I nodded again. "I will, Ms. Son."

It didn't took a while after we finished discussing the topic. I politely bid my goodbyes and leave the office with a confused mind.

I badly want to accept the offer but who will take care of my sister while I'm gone? Yes, my mom can. But she has her own business to taken care of. I want to take care my sister by myself. I want to be updated on her current state.

Before I could let out a loud sigh, someone called my name.

"CHAENG-AH!" I looked at my side to see the person who shouted my name.

It was Jisoo and she's with Seulgi and Dahyun.

What are they doing here? I thought they already went home.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked when they reached my destination.

They were panting so Jisoo breath first before answering. "W-we're here for you. We thought they would punish you."

Seulgi placed her arm around Jisoo's shoulder and gave her a smirk. "Our friend Jisoo here was so damn worried about yo— AW!"

"Oh my! What happened? You okay, Kang?" I worriedly asked to Seulgi nung narinig ko ang pagdaing niya.

She's now holding her stomach and trying to give me her sweet smile. "I'm okay, Chaeyoung-ah." She said to me but give a dead glare to Jisoo who was just smirking at her.

What?

Dahyun seemed to notice my confusion so she spoke. "By the way, unnie. What happened? Why did they ask you to come here?" I turned my attention to Dahyun and started to walk.

They followed me as I speak. I told them everything that the principal, Ms. Son and I talked about a while ago. They were all surprised and worried as well.

"But what about Lisa?" Dahyun asked as she take a seat on the bench in front of us.

We stopped on the nearest table and took our seats. Jisoo and I were sitting together across Seulgi and Dahyun.

I sighed again. "That's the main reason why I rejected the offer again. But the principal and Ms. Son wanted me to think about my decision. So they gave me time to decide again." I answered honestly.

I felt Jisoo's hand on my right hand— slightly squeezing it.

I looked at her— she gave me her sweet smile.

"I think you should talk to your parents about this, Chaeng. Then after that, you decide."

"I'm sure if Lisa was here, itutulak ka pa non para i-accept yung offer na yan." Dahyun smilingly stated that made me reminisce the time when Lisa was pushing me to do what I want. She said she will support me on everything that makes me happy.

I felt my tears were about to fall.

"Come on, Chaeyoung-ah. We all know how understanding Lisa is. Kung nandito lang siya, babatukan ka pa non dahil sa pagtanggi mo dahil sa kanya." Seulgi said.

Jisoo stared at me again. "Lisa won't be happy if she knew that you declined the offer to achieve your dreams for the second time just for her. Your sister will probably feel bad about it. You know how much your happiness means to Lisa. And as for us too."

And with that, my tears fell. I'm crying.

Jisoo hugged me while patting my head. "Everything's gonna be alright, Chaeng. Believe me." I heard Jisoo said as she hug me more tightly.

- - -

As soon as I went home, I went straight to Lisa's room. I saw her peacefully sleeping on her bed. I laid down next to her and hug her from the side.

"I love you, Lisa-ah. Please come back quickly. I miss you so much, sis." I said as I control myself again from crying. I felt her moved a bit but her eyes are still closed. She's still sleeping.

I smiled as I closed my eyes too then I fell asleep.

- - -

"Why aren't you eating, sweetheart? Don't you like the food?" Mom worriedly asked as she came back from bringing Lisa her foods.

She sat down in front of me.

"It's not that, mom. The foods are delicious as always." I tried to give her a smile that I usually wear.

But because she's my mom, she knows me very well.

"I know something is up. What is it?" She calmly asked me and glued her beautiful eyes on me.

I actually planned to tell them about the offer but since dad hasn't come back home yet, I think I should postponed it.

I looked down a bit then pulled my head up again when we heard the main door opened. Dad is here.

I took a deep breath before greeting my Dad.

"Hey, Dad." I greeted as he slightly leaned down to kiss my head before he goes straight to kiss my mom.

He looked at us confusingly.

"Is there any problem? You both look so troubled." He said while taking his sit in the middle of the table.

"I'll get your plate, honey." Mom said. "Thanks, hun." Dad thanked her.

She smiled at us before leaving the dining room.

I smiled again. "So, how's work, Dad?" I asked. Trying to calm my nervous muscles.

He took his gaze away from his phone before looking at me. "Everything's good, sweetie." He smiled back and focused on his phone once more. I nodded as if I understand what he meant.

Mom came back with Dad's plate. She serves him foods before she took her sit again.

I took a deep breath.

Tell them, Rosé. You can do it.

I cleared my throat. "Umm..." I hummed first, nervously. Composing the words on my head before I speak them out.

Mom looked at me worriedly. While Dad is still busy with his phone.

I looked at my mom then at my dad.

"Mom, Dad. I... I w-want to tell you something."

Saglit akong napatingin sa kanila. Mom and Dad both looked at me. Dad puts down his phone.

"What is it, sweetie?"

I looked at them once more before I took another deep breath.

"Earlier at school, t-the principal told me to come to her office before I went home. And so I did..." I paused.

"Did you do something wrong?" Dad asked. I shook my head.

"What happened?" Mom asked.

Then I continue.

"... they g-gave me an o-offer. A big offer..." I paused again and remember the conversation that I had with the principal and Ms. Son earlier at school.

Before I could speak. Mom cut me off.

"What offer?" I sadly smiled at her.

"... to be an exchange student at RMW University."