Chapter XIV

Thank you for the 1k reads!!! I'm so touched. 😭🥳 sorry for not updating for several days. I've been sick kasi. anyway here's another update!

*****

Jennie's POV

"Lisa-yah. Don't forget to eat your meals and drink your meds, okay? I will call you again later when I got home, alright? I love you, Sissy!" Rosé said to Lisa.

They've been talking for about 30 minutes now. Lisa said she misses her sister so bad kaya naman nagchat agad ako kay Rosékung pwede siyang tawagan. Baka kasi may klase pa siya. She said it's fine so we called her.

Tahimik lang akong nakangiti na nakikinig sa usapan nilang dalawa. Lisa is now able to speak. I mean, she was pero mas nag-improve na ngayon.

She can now make a conversation with her sister and with her friends. Sa Mommy din niya pero I wonder why her dad never come to visit her? Hmm.

I set aside my curiosity when Lisa patted my hand. Signaling me that her sister wants to talk to me.

"Hey, Rosé." I smiled as I greeted her.

She is smiling. A genuine one. "Can I talk to you, Jennie?" She asked. I can sense na importante to and she wanted to talk to me privately.

Tumingin muna ako kay Lisa. She's staring at me. Parang nagtataka siya kung bakit gusto akong makausap ng kapatid niya. I smiled at her saka bumaling kay Rosé. "Sure!" Sagot ko sabay tayo at punta sa bathroom.

Iniwan ko muna si Lisa na nanunuod ng Disney movie habang kumakain ng snacks niya.

Once I closed the door behind me, I spoke to Rosé.

"Okay, what's up? Is there any problem?" Minentain ko yung kalmado kong aura kahit kinakabahan na talaga ako sa sasabihin niya.

It's actually been a month since my first day as Lisa's tutor. I can say na nag-iimprove naman siya. She can now speaks to her loved ones. Pero hindi ko masabi if she trusts them again. Hindi ko nga sure kung nagtitiwala ba siya sakin.

"I just wanna thank you for being such a good person. I can see how my sister improved everyday and it all thanks to you." She said and smiled at me.

Nakaramdam naman ako ng relief. Atleast hindi ako papaalisin.

I smiled back at her. "No. Malaki ang naitulong niyo rito. Especially you. Sumusuporta lang ako, Rosé." I answered that made her chuckled.

"Alright. Hindi ka naman magpapatalo." We laughed. Sa loob ng isang buwan na yon, naging close kami ni Rosé pati ni Auntie. Isama mo na rin ang mga kaibigan nila Lisa.

Ilang minuto pa kaming nag-usap ni Rosé about Lisa and some random stuffs ng may biglang kumatok sa pintuan ng banyo. I glanced at the person who opened the bathroom door and smiled. But she kept he straight face. I frowned saka ulit ngumiti kay Rosé.

"I guess, I need to go, Jennie. Thank you again!" She thanked me as she waved her hand. "Thank you, too, Rosé." I giggled.

"Yah, Lisa-yah! Don't give Jennie a headache, alright? I'll call you again. Bye, Sissy! Bye, Jennie!" I bid my good bye also to Rosé before I put my phone back to my jeans' pocket.

I walked towards Lisa and smiled at her.

"Do you need anything?" I asked calmly. But she just ignore my question and walks back to the bed.

"Lisa?" I called her again. But I get no response. I sat next to her. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked again looking straight in her eyes.

She looked at me and shook her head before she turned her attention again on the television.

"Okay." Is all I can say.

- - -

Lisa's POV

I don't know how it happened. But there is something to Jennie that made me feel so safe and secured.

I never planned to get attach to anyone again. I don't want to feel that pain again. I don't want to fall in love again.

I promised to myself that I will put all my love and care to my family and friends. But then, she came. I can't say I love her already. But I like her. She made me forget about the past. She always tells me to look forward and think about the positivities in the future. She always make me feel that I am worth it and I deserve better.

She's doing it without her knowing what had happened to me. What was the reason of me being like this. She never asked. And I'm so thankful for that. I know she wants to know. But she kept her mouth shut.

Right now, she's sitting next to me. Busy reading her book while me watching the disney movie I want.

I took a glance at her. I unconsciously touch her right hand that is resting on her thigh. I hold it and gently squeezed it. She looked surprise but smiled at me anyways.

I intertwined our hands. Your hand fits perfectly with my hand.

"Are you hungry, Lisa?" She asked. She thought I'm hungry or I needed something from her. I shook my head.

But then, she asked me again. "Do you need something?" I frowned a bit. Why is she asking me questions everytime I hold her hand? And again, I shook my head.

"Do you want—" I cut her off.

"Let me... touch your hand... for a while." I congratulate myself for not stuttering. Great job, Lisa!

I lowered down my head a bit. Embarrassed. But then, lifted up again when I hear Jennie's beautiful giggle.

"Alright. You can touch it." She utters that made me smile. And smiled too and caresses my cheek using her free hand.

She always does that when I'm smiling. And I really like it.

I want her to do that everyday.

Now, I can't hear anything. I feel so deaf. This silence is deafening. Even if the television was on.

I glance again at Jennie. She's reading again.

I want to talk to her. I want to hear her beautiful voice. I need to ask something for her to speak.

"Uhm... J-jennie." I stuttered. Damn! Way to embarrass yourself, Manoban!

She glance at me and slightly tilted her head. "Yes, Lisa?" She's just staring at me. Waiting for me to speak again.

"Uhmm... ah... n-never mind." I gave her a faint smile before turning my head to the television. Trying to focus myself on the movie.

I heard her giggled again. "Lisa, you can talk to me anytime you want. Don't be shy." She calmly said and squeezed my hand. I smiled while looking at our intertwined hands.

Okay. I need to say this to her.

"Jennie..." I sat properly and faced her.

She did the same. Now, we're facing each other.

I stared at those cat-like eyes and the words came out of my mouth unconsciously.

"I like you."